Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Royal British Legion - support grows - unamimous
Post The Royal British Legion - support grows - unamimous 
I have just heard from John Ireland that the Wiltshire Royal British Legion County Conference has unanimously passed the following resolution submitted by the Calne Branch of the RBL:

"This Conference urges the Board of Trustees [Royal British Legion] to make representation to HM Government to allow the unrestricted award [i.e. for wear] of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia (Malaysian Service Medal) to suitably qualified UK Veterans in line with their comrades in arms in all other Commonwealth Forces that took part in the same operations."

We understand that more counties will follow suit if they have not already done so (two have, we think). This means that the above resolution will be brought forward and seconded at the RBL National Conference in Bournemouth in a few months time! The PJM is therefore guaranteed a hearing!

Many will be aware of how far the RBL has come in arriving at this stunning, unanimous, decision. Our thanks go to John and all those involved with providing delegates with the facts so that they could consider the case for the PJM to be worn by British veterans.

On another positive note, I am pleased to report that the President of the Wiltshire County RBL, General Sir John Akehurst KCB CBE, supports our case.

To have the confidence and support from so many leading RBL members marks yet another surge forward in support for our case. It beggars belief that HMG will allow civil servants to continue to disregard what is happening out here in the real world. So I’ll drop them all (MoD, FCO, Cabinet Office and HD Committee) a Billy Doo to bring this good news to their attention just in case they missed it.

Barry

That news Barry, is brilliant, very well done to John I and his team for getting this far Very Happy

Coming from the County of my Grandfather's birth, magnificent news.

Well done all.

See all who meet here. Notice the R/Adm Wilkinson (HD committee member) is the chairman for the MOD.

http://www.veteransagency.mod.uk/pdfs/vets_programme/forum_mins180706.pdf

Don't know about others but if he's representing UK Veterans then he has a demonstrated conflict of interest.

He should resign from one or, even better, because of his apparent failure to understand his position, resign from both.

He is is not, as far as I can see, representing me as a veteran on this Veterans Agency committee.

Really, we have to question his position. He obviously won't.

ADMIRAL DULL GILLETTE-WILKY,NOT IN MY NAME EITHER Exclamation JUST A BRASS ARSED 'KIN SPROG OF AN O.D.

If the government continue to refuse to issue a statement, or if they continue to stonewall us then is it not time to consider some form of a plan B?

There is a Plan B.

And a Plan C
And a Plan D
And a Plan E
And a Plan F
And a Plan G
And a Plan H
And a Plan I
And a Plan J
And a Plan K
And a Plan L
And a Plan M
And a Plan N
And a Plan O
And a Plan P
And a Plan Q
And a Plan R
And a Plan S
And a Plan T
And a Plan U
And a Plan V
And a Plan W
And a Plan X
And a Plan Y
And a Plan Z
And a Plan A1
And a Plan B1
And a Plan C1

etc..... etc.....

ad infinitum.....

It seems that the shoe is on the other foot now, they are awaiting 'our' decision. Interesting counterpoint.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Barry wrote:
So ... we have them, and we'll publish them if necessary. Nobody will have to wait except the civil servants who would dearly like to know now what our plans are. Well, it is they who John Feltham is rightly saying we shall keep waiting - not our supporters.

The many different campaign initiatives organized by the 'Fight4 team' have helped to publicize our message, build public support and raise awareness. On only one occasion was our confidentiality breached by premature unauthorised release of a Fight4 initiative...it would be counter-productive for me to provide public details of that breach or of the individual responsible for making it....suffice it to say that it had the effect of making us extremely careful about safeguarding the security of our initiatives

It is important that the different events and campaigning methods we select complement and reinforce each other. Depending on levels of capacity and the context, different campaigns choose to use all, or only some, of the available campaigning methods: lobbying, public events, direct action, media and publicity, research and public education.

Most campaigns are organized around single, unrelated events, demonstrations or forums. Where these activities build on one another and provide the same message, their impact and success is much greater. Persistence and a systematic approach are key components of any effective campaign.

So, as Chairman of this Association, I say to the (now 1626) members registered on the Forum...hang in there...your F4 Team will not let you down...neither will we forewarn our enemy!

Quote:
Barry wrote:
So ... we have them, and we'll publish them if necessary. Nobody will have to wait except the civil servants who would dearly like to know now what our plans are. Well, it is they who John Feltham is rightly saying we shall keep waiting - not our supporters.

The many different campaign initiatives organized by the 'Fight4 team' have helped to publicize our message, build public support and raise awareness. On only one occasion was our confidentiality breached by premature unauthorised release of a Fight4 initiative...it would be counter-productive for me to provide public details of that breach or of the individual responsible for making it....suffice it to say that it had the effect of making us extremely careful about safeguarding the security of our initiatives

It is important that the different events and campaigning methods we select complement and reinforce each other. Depending on levels of capacity and the context, different campaigns choose to use all, or only some, of the available campaigning methods: lobbying, public events, direct action, media and publicity, research and public education.

Most campaigns are organized around single, unrelated events, demonstrations or forums. Where these activities build on one another and provide the same message, their impact and success is much greater. Persistence and a systematic approach are key components of any effective campaign.

So, as Chairman of this Association, I say to the (now 1626) members registered on the Forum...hang in there...your F4 Team will not let you down...neither will we forewarn our enemy!

Well said Jock et al. Keep the powder dry.

Think of this fellow members, however long or short the tactical wait, it will be a lot shorter than the "suits" and their ilk will have to wait.

Wink Wink Wink

John

Kuching.
The MoD monitor this site for information, Richard Coney even informed me that it has become cult viewing at the MoD.
If I'm about to hit someone I do not send them a telegram first.
There are plans in place I ask you all to trust us.

As this thread is about the Royal British Legion and while such organisations are aboard in support then so too am I, no matter how long this takes. There used to be a saying in The RAF Don't let the bastards grind you down well they won't do that with me, not now, not ever.

I look at the support we have, I think it is fantastic, there are but a few in Whitehall that appear to be out of step, but one day justice will prevail.

I had some very interesting comments come my way a few weeks ago from ordinary citizens in parts of Suffolk. it was all to do with the East Anglian Daily Times and ITN feature re The PJM issue, none of these comments were negative. So from a publicity point of view for the campaign itself it is all good news.

Today, already before 0900hrs, Barry has been talking to the BBC in Hampshire and the PJM has featured the campaign which involves an MP, all of us are amateurs playing a professional game, it is a great pity that the 'professionals' are playing anything but cricket.

I'm proud to be part of our team and all I want to see is justice done for those that cannot do it for themselves.

Tally Ho! Wink

Post Scottish British Legion. 
For Information.

The Scottish British Legion held their Annual Conference on 31st May; 1st. and 2nd. June, 2007.
A motion was presented to this conference for the SBL to support the wearing of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia. This motion was passed unanimously by the delegates attending. Full details are in the post and will be reported later.

Post Scottish British Legion. 
McDangle.....This is the very best of news!.....first the RBL unanimously supports our campaign and now the RBLS have followed suit....this gives our campaign an enormous boost in credibility, profile and 'gravitas'....my compliments to all of our staunch supporters in Scotland who have lobbied for and engendered this supportive motion...Well done lads!!

We're on the march again....and stronger than before!

Great stuff Andy, the number of straws that Brennan and Co have been clutching are like the sands of time, slipping through their fingers, these people have been nothing more than a spent force, their time is up. Sinking ships and rats come to mind...........

Sinking ships and rats come to mind...........

Only "rats" comes to my mind.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next