Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
PJMs Presented in KL on the 50th Anniversary of Merdeka!
Post PJMs Presented in KL on the 50th Anniversary of Merdeka! 
We have received our first images from KL following the PJM presentation by the Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister to British veterans - and two very proud ex-servicemen!

Real all about Nagei and a happy ending to his PJM story:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/memories_ba-ms.htm

Post Re: PJMs Presented in KL on the 50th Anniversary of Merdeka! 
Here are some more piccies of this memorable event.

The Malayisan Deputy Prime Minister:

Paul Alders with his wife Chris:

Congratulations to Paul and to Nagei....and indeed to all involved in this celebration and these presentations....

I have just received this from a Malaysian correspondent of mine in KL.

"Saw your veterans in the march past on the 30th morning, all wearing their medals, PJM included. I was on a dias, but I saw one bewhiskered vet, green beret, green blazer, what was once I presume was red hair, walking around in front of me, below the dais, taking photos of everything. He even took photos of people sitting on the dais, but not my section Smile They all looked so smart in their various uniforms and at the tail end there ws even one old gentleman actually walking/marching in step using a walking stick. There was one lady in their midst, so I suppose it was the nurse mentioned in the article. The Brits were first, followed by the Aussies (very smart indeed...all marching well) then the Kiwis. I knew the Aussies by their short sleeved shirts Smile They all got a loud ovation from the spectators. I was sorely tempted to yell out ' hello there fight4the PJMers', but decided not to make an ass of myself in public."

Well done chaps and chapess.

Post First images from Malaysia 
I think that the smiles are proof that our comradeship transcends the bullying tactics of our not very civil servants. They can bluster for all their might about their so called rules - they are unworthy to be in the same room with such as Nagei. The H in HD Committee can no longer stand for Honours for they are disqualified from using the term.
Gerry

If one applies the standard principle of quantifying managerial involvement based upon proven results, rather than on slavish adherence to process, it then becomes impossible to disagree with Gerry's analysis.

Brilliant stuff lads and lassies, more power to your elbows, hope to see some more photos soon, enjoy the rest of your stay

Post Merdeka. 
Best thing I have done in many a year was to join the F4 site. I found a family I did not realise I had, and have never felt less than most welcome. The family is thankfully very big still, and we all know how to look after each other. How could it not be so? We were taught the value of, "Hearts And Minds," and made our watch-words work. We were embraced by those we wished to help and we have never been forgotten. Ergo, we old-ish vets belong forever to Malaysia. Most of us actually learnt to become adults there. Some family. Some inheritance. Some pride!

MB.

Mike that says it all in a nutshell Smile

I have just received this from a Malaysian correspondent of mine in KL.

"Saw your veterans in the march past on the 30th morning, all wearing their medals, PJM included. I was on a dias, but I saw one bewhiskered vet, green beret, green blazer, what was once I presume was red hair, walking around in front of me, below the dais, taking photos of everything. He even took photos of people sitting on the dais, but not my section Smile They all looked so smart in their various uniforms and at the tail end there ws even one old gentleman actually walking/marching in step using a walking stick. There was one lady in their midst, so I suppose it was the nurse mentioned in the article. The Brits were first, followed by the Aussies (very smart indeed...all marching well) then the Kiwis. I knew the Aussies by their short sleeved shirts Smile They all got a loud ovation from the spectators. I was sorely tempted to yell out ' hello there fight4the PJMers', but decided not to make an ass of myself in public."

Well done chaps and chapess.

I was the one with the walking stick in the rear rank of the Brits, but 'old gentleman' you cheeky bugger. I must have been working to hard.
Great day though, we eventualy gave up trying to march and just waved to everyone, especialy after the announcer introduced us as 'freedom fighters'
We could have sold the 'fight4the pjm' badge' to Brits, Kiwis and Aussies so its good news that more have become available. The enquirers were directed to this site.

Best Wishes Owen Lawrence

I was the one with the walking stick in the rear rank of the Brits, but 'old gentleman' you cheeky bugger.

Owen, I was but the messenger! Smile

Post Gentlemen with walking sticks. 
John F.

ONLY the messenger, you plead.... but surely you know what has often happened to "messengers" in both ancient and modern times. "Off with his head," comes to mind, but I'm sure that Owen would just give you a skelp with his stick were you in range. I loved your description of that parade and wished I had been there. Fantastic! And, the old comradely piss-taking still comes through in the latest exchange.

Messages come in all forms but I personally like Oscar Wilde's plea for a piano thumper at a gold-mining camp in America who was mangling a popular tune. "Don't shoot the pianist,"he cried...."He is merely doing his worst."

MB

Post Re: Gentlemen with walking sticks. 
MB wrote:
John F.
I loved your description of that parade and wished I had been there. Fantastic!

MB

I really am but the messenger. Go back and read my original report.

Not my report at all.

Though I do wish that it had been mine, it would have meant that I was actually there!

owen lawrence wrote:

I was the one with the walking stick in the rear rank of the Brits, but 'old gentleman' you cheeky bugger.

Owen, I was but the messenger! Smile

Especialy as I was not only, probably, the yougest but also the best looking.

Owen

Post Merdeka Parade in KL 
This was something that will remain in my heart for ever. The response from the local people when we marched through the stadium, with their clapping & cheering was a sound that will never be forgotten. There were actually 3 of us ladies marching with the men. Forget the heat and humidy for that short distance as it was such a great experience that I was really proud to have been part of.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next