Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
MoD Haircut
Post MoD Haircut 
I like the latest MoD recruiting poster:-

I had always suspected that was the case . . . . . . . . now I know !

Post Marine Radio Interview 
Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this one.

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor Boy Scouts visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range..

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm..

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?.

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

You just gotta love the Marines!

Post The Interview 
Oh Yeah! love it! Laughing

A very amusing tale, but once again NOT true !......http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.asp

Post The interview 
Here we go again! Jodakist came in for criticism a short time ago about a joke, now Stan W.
Does it matter that they not anecdotes (Fred - meaning real stories) but are amusing tales,
perhaps bordering on the " I wish I'd thought or (said) that type of retort. I don't know about
anyone else. but this unecessary nit-picking is really getting up my nose!

MUST BE SOMETHING ABOUT WHATS UNDER THE HAT,WE KNOW WHATS UNDER A BEARSKIN NOW,WE KNOW WHATS UNDER A KILT,MAYBE JUST MAYBE,WOODEN TOPS IS MORE A SUCCINT DESCRIPTION Wink THAN WE KNOW,I'M WITH GLOMAN,LEAVE MY OPPO STAN ALONE PSE,HE'S JUST GROWING OLD AND RETAINING HIS SENSE OF HUMOUR,A RARE TRAIT,OTHERWISE I'LL PUT THE UNDERGROUND ,BOYS ON TO YOU,AND JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW,I'LL TELL YOU WHAT THEY WILL SAY,ITS 'BALDRICKS POEM', THE GUNS! BANG Embarassed BANG Embarassed ,,BANG Embarassed BANG Embarassed BANG Embarassed :::::BANG BANG Exclamation THE END ,SORRY THE WRITER IS ANONYMOUS. Shocked

Post A good yarn 
It was a good piccie and a great yarn. Perosnally, I enjoyed both in the spirit in which they were offered - as some light relief from the day-to-day business of fighting for the PJM (yes - it is still 7 days a week).

I agree with Pete - let's not knock our fellow supporters.

Let's get serious with the real enemy - the civil servants and Government Ministers who are treating the Armed Forces with contempt.

So I'll lock the Topic now.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1