Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The Selangor Jocks put a "Slainte" on the HD lot
Post The Selangor Jocks put a "Slainte" on the HD lot 
We've just received this gem 'cut' from the magazine, "Selangor Scotsman".

In my view it puts a quite different 'slainte' on the gibberish put out by the HD Committee and their civil service numpties in the FCO and MoD.

So thanks yet again to the Jocks! The Scottish slant certainly irons out some of the creases in those Whitehall and Great Sniff Street suits. Those people make corkscrews look like 6" nails.

Our thanks to all those involved in smuggling this potentially treasonable piece of truth through Customs (we know who you are and we're indebted to you). Treasonable? Yes, I think so ... seemingly truth is no longer the accepted currency of Government in this country. Why? Read this piece!

Barry

Last edited by BarryF on Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

I have no idea as to who these 'Jocks' might be?... the ones to whom Barry refers...

....But this is an excellent piece and one must additionally hope that some thoughtful person might send complimentary copies to Mr Brennan and all the merry Whitehall band...just to let them know that their crass stupidity and bone-headed intransigence is becoming increasingly understood, world-wide.

(I also find, that I cannot read, or hear, the Gaelic term 'Slainte' without becoming incredibly thirsty for some inexplicable reason?)

Post Jock traitors..so what's new. 
Jock.

Even with the Gregorach blood in my veins I do not ken any of these bodachan...an whits a McDangle fer Goad's sake? Yon must ha fell aff a banana boat.

What I do sympathise with is that sudden thirst, only to be quenched with a wee drappie. SO..."air do shlainte" (with a wotsit over the "a" of the third word......"To your good health."

MB.

Post Re: Jock traitors..so what's new. 
MB wrote:
Jock.

Even with the Gregorach blood in my veins I do not ken any of these bodachan...an whits a McDangle fer Goad's sake? Yon must ha fell aff a banana boat.

What I do sympathise with is that sudden thirst, only to be quenched with a wee drappie. SO..."air do shlainte" (with a wotsit over the "a" of the third word......"To your good health."

MB.

Aye Mike, I think that leading Scottish campaigner must be a teuchtar from up your way amongst the hills and glens as I have never heard of him before. Anyway the civil servants can poch mahone!!!!
'The bodach'.

Post Re, re Jock traitors, etc. 
Aye, Bodach, and they can kiss mine too...even though you are using the Erse, or Irish. There are more than jist a few Sassenachs in the hills and glens... though these days we have a spate of East Europeans who claim to have Teuchter blood due to sodjers o' fortune gangin' ower there efter Tearlach o' the auld Steward Clan had tae tak tae the froach havin made a balls-up on the bluidy muir o' Drumossie. Ergo, I think the traitors are imported. Wha wid be sae bold frae the borders?.........Bodach Mhor?.

MB.

Post Re: The Selangor Jocks put a "Slainte" on the HD l 
BarryF wrote:
We've just received this gem 'cut' from the magazine, "Selangor Scotsman".

In my view it puts a quite different 'slainte' on the gibberish put out by the HD Committee and their civil service numpties in the FCO and MoD.

So thanks yet again to the Jocks! The Scottish slant certainly irons out some of the creases in those Whitehall and Great Sniff Street suits. Those people make corkscrews look like 6" nails.

Our thanks to all those involved in smuggling this potentially treasonable piece of truth through Customs (we know who you are and we're indebted to you). Treasonable? Yes, I think so ... seemingly truth is no longer the accepted currency of Government in this country. Why? Read this piece!

Barry

===================================================
In response and in the name of our Association, I have just sent the following to Hector Ingram, 'Chieftain' of the Selangor Scotsman.......Jock
=====================================================
Dear Chieftain Ingram,

Through you, to all Committee members and readers of the Selangor Scotsman.

Permit me to offer, in addition to my personal thanks, the gratitude of my Committee and Association membership, for your recently published article; 'Anger over medals temporary permission'.

It is most gratifying to note that the service exploits and current concerns of we, the now ageing and rapidly diminishing in number, participants in the 'Emergency and Confrontation' are not forgotten in the nation for whose freedom our military efforts were extended and the lives of many of our comrades sacrificed.

Naturally, we ex-Malaya and Borneo Veterans have decided opinions as to the 'wearability' of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia. The ludicrous and anomalous decision reached by the UK HD Committee permitting the acceptance, but denying the wearing, of this honour, quite simply, defies all logic. Neither does it escape our attention that those very same people, responsible for setting the ban on the PJM, have clandestinely awarded themselves unrestricted acceptance of the Antigua & Barbuda 25th Anniversary Medal...some would categorize such action as an exhibition of shameless duplicity.

The campaign continues...one thing that our military service in the Far East impressed upon all of us, with indelible clarity, is that one simply does not back down in the face of a fight...no matter what! With that concept ingrained we have confronted the situation thrust upon us with a concerted process of lobbying the government of Great Britain and those Civil Servants responsible for the gross insult (both to veterans and the generous Peoples of Malaysia) with the determined view of having the decision rescinded.

We proudly boast broad based support from the entire spectrum of veterans of all military ranks from 30 countries on 5 continents. Our efforts to date have met with the approval and endorsement of more than 200 Westminster MP's, plus overt assistance from many dignitaries, including two holders of the Victoria Cross, Dame Vera Lynn, Alex Salmond MP, Ian Pearson MP and Don Touhig MP.

'North o' the Border'; we have received great encouragement and support from Scotland's current government and although our Public Petition to the Scottish Parliament was recently closed, a subsequent motion raised by Sandra White MSP (SNP) remains before the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh. Sandra White has been notably active in supporting and promoting our cause.

Regrettably, we have also encountered incomprehensible disinterest on the part of other senior Westminster politicians and shocking exhibitions of unacceptable delay, obfuscation, misinformation and blatant obstructionism from some Civil Servants.

Difficulties notwithstanding, we are resolutely committed to this continuing campaign, seeking to obtain the recognition that the PJM so richly deserves...we hereby invite any of your readers who might feel so motivated, to 'drop in and visit us' at: http://www.fight4thepjm.org/home.htm

You will ever be welcomed...

Sincerely,

John Gordon 'Jock' Fenton: Chairman
Fight4thePJM Association
'Pingat Kami - Hak Kami'

Post Selangor Jocks, etc. 
Great letter, Canada Jock.

Just want to record that McDangle and I had the pleasure of meeting and thanking Sandra White MSP after the ceremony at the Malaysia in Edinburgh pavilion in August. She was obviously as moved by it all as we were and promised to do all she could to see the, "nonsense," of the PJM situation rectified. She was a lovely and caring lady......and although I can't confirm for McD, I got a kiss on the cheek as I shook her hand.

MB.

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Jocks, etc. 
Stan.

Said it before.....saying it again. I am a true mongrel. Half English (Anglo saxon) half Gregorach or McGreggor. Dad was my English side while my mum was highland Scot. How does one make a choice when both were loved for what they were and what they had to offer? Dad loved the Scottish highlands with a passion even greater than my mum's. They died within a year of each other and until my two sisters can get up here together the ashes are side by side in my studio in the garden. I tell you, Stan, the old arguments still go on while I'm trying to paint....and I've thereatened to chuck 'em both out if they don't behave, but they just ignore me. As it is I am where I want to be, and love waking up each day to see the big hills of the Cairngorms.....including Ben McDuie.....the second highest in Britain......and I can still walk to it on a long, long summer day!

MB.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1