Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Names Taken In Vain - Apologies
Post Names Taken In Vain - Apologies 
I have sent the following letter to David Cameron. Apologies if you dont agree with me offering your votes!!!

The Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal

Dear David

I am sure you are aware of the campaign by ex service personnel to have the decision of acceptance, but not to wear of the PJM Medal reversed by the Government, which, as you should be aware has not happened.

Having listened to your speech at the Conservative Party Conference, with your reference to the “Broken Covenant” and the possibility of an Early General Election, I thought it might just be worth you considering saying YES to 35,000 ex service personnel. Taking into account their Sons and Daughters, Mothers and Fathers, Aunties and Uncles, Nieces and Nephews, and members of all the Associations, that we are members of, including the full support of the Royal British Legion, Then consider that the Labour party in Scotland do not support our cause ,whereas the SNP do.

You are then talking about a huge amount of support for your party, and we are talking about votes in the “Hundreds of Thousands” Food for Thought and Support.

This will cost you, your Chancellor and your Government Nothing in Financial Terms. What have you got to loose. I realise that you do not open your mail personally, but would suggest it might be a good idea for who ever does open this , that it is passed to David for his perusal.

Sincerely Yours

T.J. Revell

The Right Honourable David Cameron MP
Leader of the Conservative Party
House of Commons.
London.

Post Re: Names Taken In Vain - Apologies 
revellt wrote:
I have sent the following letter to David Cameron. Apologies if you dont agree with me offering your votes!!!

You've got my vote, Terry.

Great letter.

Barry

I've copied it to Michael Ancram who supports our cause

John

Have copied it and sent it with a copy to David Mundell MP. Andy.

Post letter to Davd Cameron 
Terry,

I wonder if you would mind if I sent a copy to Marion Moore at 10 Downing Street who answered my letter to Gordon Brown with NEW lie about the "statement in the Gazette being clarified in 1969 by a regulation on the merging of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office that stated the regulations do not relate to awards of campaign or comemorative medals . (copy attached)

Incidentally did anyone else get a similar Letter? This is certailnly a new one on me - or rather, I have not heard this specifically stated before in letters to me. I note that the regulations cited were not named or paragraph, etc given; to me, this sounds like a ' variation on a theme' (music) ( and a very old theme at that).

Esq(uire) - flattery will not get them anywhere.

NB. Political - yes. Making a political point NO!

Hi., Gloman, It seems to me they are going to tie us up for a very long time with statements so laced with made up with lies and excuses for not granting our democratic right to wear the PJM....WHY? it,s because they can...Rob

Post Re: letter to Davd Cameron 
GLOman wrote:
; to me, this sounds like a ' variation on a theme' (music) ( and a very old theme at that).

...................I've not only received, 'variations on a theme' in my collection of responses GLOman...I also have a wonderful collection of Preludes, Fugues And Riffs.

.....These people prevaricate at the Symphony Orchestral level!

Post Re, re letter to David Cameron. 
Jock, et al.

Following the musical theme...those in the Jazz world would call it. "jamming."

MB.

revellt,

Have copied it and sent it with a copy to David Mundell MP. Andy.

Unfortunately my email to David Cameron at camerond@parliament.uk was returned. Anyone any ideas? Andy.

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
I dont know how it can be said he 'bottled it', Labour still have 3 years to run on the term for which the public voted them in. Why should there be a vote of confidence that the Tories demand?, they did not hold such a vote when they rid us of Thatcher and installed Major ! No, they are just whinging oven being denied the chance to return to power earlier than expected.

I dont know how it can be said he 'bottled it', Labour still have 3 years to run on the term for which the public voted them in. Why should there be a vote of confidence that the Tories demand?, they did not hold such a vote when they rid us of Thatcher and installed Major ! No, they are just whinging oven being denied the chance to return to power earlier than expected.

Hi Fred,

You and I know that what you have just stated could mislead - although I am sure that that was not your intent. For the record, therefore, and in the interests of eeven-handedness, I'd like to add another perspective.

In 1990 the Government of the day changed the PM but did not then allow a rumour of an early election to remain in the public domain. Brown could have scotched that election rumour (he being the only one who could call an election). He did not. Therefore I accept what well-informed people are saying ... he was considering calling an election. He only clarified his position after the latest opinion polls showed that his support was slipping (if you'll pardon the expression). It's his alleged integrity, alleged indecision and alleged crude politicking that could be addressed by a vote of confidence.

I would also like to relate this 'politics' question you have raised to the PJM. It was the Government who zapped the PJM (please note, I do not refer to the Labour Party and I am therefore not making a party political statement) and thus trashed the service of Malaya-Borneo veterans.

The 'whinging' Tories you speak of (I think it would be better not to name parties) are the only ones so far not to bottle out of tackling the FCO, MoD and Cabinet Office civil servants. Members of the Shadow Cabinet (please note that in the interests of apolitical even-handedness I refer to that group in the same way as I refer to the Government, i.e. I do not refer to their respective parties), have promised to carry out a review of the Foreign Decorations system because they recognise (in writing) that it has been applied inconsistently and unfairly. They have also promised a review of the discredited PJM recommendation in the context that many supported the PJM EDMs.

The current Government have essentially said that they will not tackle the civil servants who drafted the PJM recommendation about how they secretly drafted and retrospectively applied the confused and contradictory ‘Rules’ used to zap the PJM. Therefore, I consider that HMG have let down ex-servicemen and women.

In the Commons Gordon “I’ll look into it” Brown promised Don Touhig that he would, errr, look into the PJM issue. He didn't. He bottled out of doing so. Therefore, I consider that he has let down ex-servicemen and women.

Barry

PS Am I suggesting supporters of this campaign support or vote for a particular Party? Definitely not. That is not what this web site is about. The PJM is a cross-party issue and has cross-party support. Over the last two years of campaigning for the PJM I have been in touch with fine people from all parties - Don Touhig and Ian Pearson being two from the Labour Party, and Sandra Gidley from the Lib Dems are just three examples. But you raised a political issue and I am simply stating some facts as they relate to the PJM which is what this web site is all about.

Barry wrote: "But you raised a political issue and I am simply stating some facts as they relate to the PJM which is what this web site is all about."

Amen to that, Brother.....a loud and resounding, heartfelt, Amen!

Barry, please let me apologise on behalf of Redcap Fred hereinafter known as Red Fred for his political mischief! I on the other hand will make no apology, I am on the right of politics and it was once said that my agent, Ghengis, was known to me as Ghengis the leftie.

John

Barry, please let me apologise on behalf of ...

Hi John,

No need to do that - no apology necessary from anyone.

Except from me. I was working on letters lobbying for support for the PJM and missed the way this thread was heading - in a political direction unconnected with the PJM.

I ask again ... would contributors please refrain from posts that do not have a direct connection to the PJM and let us get on with the business of fighting for something we believe to be an injustice. If the time spent on extraneous posts was spent on lobbying for the PJM, we would be much further forward.

Regards,

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next