Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
BBC 24 HOUR NEWS
Post BBC 24 HOUR NEWS 
I felt like a gatecrasher at a sacred act.

The reason that I decided eventually to send it was because the PJM was also issued posthumously, and some of those of todays congregation my well be the families of those who fell in the Malayian Conflicts, who as well their loved ones being recognised on this new, diginified memorial, also have tangible evidence from a grateful nation for their ultimate sacrifice and are able to visibly show (i.e. WEAR) this record of the ultimate sacrifice of that loved one. We survivors who wish to wear our PJM at Remembrance and other events to remind us of those who did not return are denied this simple wish.

Humbly yours,

David

Post No need for recrimination. 
GLOman.

Saw the TV coverage very early this morning and was also very moved. Unfortunately I had to get a bath and present myself thirty miles up the road for a hospital check-up in Inverness. Nothing to bother about, just routine, but the bath was a shock to the system. Intended to say something very similar when I got back.....but the day expanded to a picnic in lovely autumn sunshine....just the wife and me.....and nothing naughty. You simply beat me to writing by a long chalk. As it is, thank you for having the guts to go for it. The fallen of Malaya and Malaysia were surely right behind you.

Good on yer.......Mike.

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: BBC 24 HOUR NEWS 
[quote="GLOman"]I felt like a gatecrasher at a sacred act.

Nice one David, I wish I could wrte letters like that.

Owen

Post GLOman 
Excellent letter David.

You are quite correct in that Civil Servants in what they call Mandarin status have misrepresented the truth, changed the rules to suit themselves, and have misled our elected Ministers of State and Her Majesty the Queen. Why do you think they can allow the PJM to be worn 'temporarily' then revert back to banning its wear - because this would mean them admitting that they have not only screwed-up big time but they have deliberately deceived others in our alleged parliamentary democracy.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1