Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Chief of Defence Staff

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Re re Exile. 
HIYA, WATHA (Ro5)!

GOOGLED IT AND IT'S LUVERLY. DON'T OWN A KILT BUT I'D LUV AN O.T.C WITH THOSE SEXY CURVES FORE AN' AFT. LIKE THE HLI ONE COULD CHARGE EQUALLY WELL IN BOTH DIRECTIONS, (EXPLANATION TO THAT SUPPLIED IF NEEDED) AND THE DESCRIPTION PER, CATALOGUE...."FLATTER BOTTOM AND A LITTLE WIDER".....SUMS ME UP TO A TEE. TAILOR MADE YOU MIGHT SAY. LIKE GRUMPY GORDON...."I'LL LOOK INTO IT"....BUT I MEAN IT.

MIKE.

Post Schizopherenia 
Stan, whilst allowing for art 22, you have not made the distinction of whether the case is of the pregenital, anal, or the oral disposition (no tittering at the back there). As you know it was Carl Jung who initially made the classifications.

But, when applying the criteria to our lords and masters in the MoD and the HDC, you have a pretty clear picture of them.

I have it in mind to become a super hero and right all the wrongs against us. I'll call myself Captain Marigold. Make the superhero suit out of bright yellow rubber, should fit me like a glove If only I could find a suitable battlecry. Tried Shazzam, but nothing happened, other than it scared the crap out of my cat. Leap tall buildings with one bound? I couldn't even jump over my front step... sod it, I'll give up on the superhero bit, After all, it plays havoc with the lumbago.

Yours deflated

Arthur

Have just found this on the ARRSE website, perhaps Admin could get the shoddy treatment of the Malaysian Veterans a plug -

Century Films are making a special feature-length documentary about veterans, to be broadcast on Channel 4 later this year.

The film will take a look at what happens to servicemen once they return to civvy street after serving in combat situations.

We’ll be including veterans of many different conflicts, such as Iraq, Kosovo, Northern Ireland, The Falklands, and previous conflicts going back to WWII. We would like to hear from any veterans who have had a tough time fitting back into civilian life.

If you would like to speak to us or find out more about the film email – contact @ centuryfilmsltd.com or call us on 020 7378 6106.

ARRSE admin have kindly given us permission to post on this forum.

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Schizopherenia 
We are never defeated Stan... ever!

We do not know the meaning of defeat... mind you there are a lot of words I don't know the meaning of either.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Take heart, you are never alone with Schizopherenia !

John

Post Fitting back into civilian life. 
Redcapfred wrote:
Have just found this on the ARRSE website, perhaps Admin could get the shoddy treatment of the Malaysian Veterans a plug -

Century Films are making a special feature-length documentary about veterans, to be broadcast on Channel 4 later this year.

The film will take a look at what happens to servicemen once they return to civvy street after serving in combat situations.

We’ll be including veterans of many different conflicts, such as Iraq, Kosovo, Northern Ireland, The Falklands, and previous conflicts going back to WWII. We would like to hear from any veterans who have had a tough time fitting back into civilian life.

If you would like to speak to us or find out more about the film email – contact @ centuryfilmsltd.com or call us on 020 7378 6106.

ARRSE admin have kindly given us permission to post on this forum.

The above post by Redcapfred is interesting. Although I am just a babe in arms compared with many of you gentlemen, I served in the RAF and was in Malaya in the sixties, years later I spent time with the Royal Engineers although I was working with the RAF, I had to become a "Brown Job" for the post. When the first Gulf War started I joined the Royal Auxiliary Air Force and spent the next twelve years with them. In 1999, I was called up for six months and ended up in Kosovo, where, the comeraderie was just the same as I remember it at Kuantan, years before. The accommodation was in tents, pitched in an area next to piles of building rubble from bombed building that had been cleared to make room for our camp. (Didn't the bombs have depleted uranium in them?)

After demobilization, I returned to my civvy job, where things were made very difficult for me, eventually endind up with me being given three months notice. I found that I received no help from the RAF even though the action by my employer was in breach of the Reserve Forces Act. I was in a trade union but they evidently employed "MOD Civil Servant" type of officers. I eventually engaged a solicitor who had this notice withdrawn but as this only made my position at work even more difficult, I decided to call it a day and take an early retirement even though this meant that my pension would be greatly reduced (I think that I lost about 60%) however, I found a job as a relief porter at one of the Cambridge colleges, this was just reception desk duties as and when required. I was also able to work part time with the RAUXAF. I retired on 15th September, 2000, worked a few shifts at the college and had one trip with the RAF to Washington DC then down to Belize and return - Life was great! On 13th October, I was taken ill while I was at RAF Brize Norton and was admitted to John Radcliff hospital, Oxford where it was found that I had cancer. The help that I and my family received from the MOD amounted to nil. I only received the odd visit from some of my colleagues, no official visits from the squadron hierarchy during the nine weeks that I was in the hospital only a few miles from them but over a hundred miles from my home and family but did I care - you're B***** right I cared! - used then dumped like so many before me!!!!

You don't want a brass band when you come out but your story is so typical of the skant regard this and previous Governments have for those who have served but are seen as no longer useful.

After a total of 26 years Colours and Reserve service, not a word of thanks, they told me I could keep the kit but they wanted the Reservist Lapel Badge back. THEY DIDN'T B****Y GET IT !!!

I also got a copy of my records a couple of years ago and was interested to read about my "performance reviews". It was news to me. Looking at the content I could see why my O.C. did it without me. Safer for him.

Ah well such is life. More importantly Jodakist, I truly hope you are now well and your cancer has been sorted.

Best wishes

Kuching.

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Except of course Redcap Fred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

I've voted but I will keep my vote confidential because if Gordon knows that I voted yes (oops ) he might send the local political police to let my tyres down.

John

Post Re: EXILE 
[quote="Arthur R-S"]Hello Pete, Where ave you been. I've sent out the Naval Patrol to look for you, but they only got as far as the pub... nothing new there then.

As you have been AWOL. I'll have your station card and put you on Jimmy's report, and I'll bet that we have both been there a few times... right?

Yours in two minds

Arthur[/quote]
NAVAL PATROL! CAN REMEMBER TURNING UP AS LEADING HAND OF PATROL,FOR WANCHAI,ON GOING TO THE REG OFFICE At HMS TAMAR,THE REGULATING P.O. (A FORMER CREWMEMBER OF THE' RUSTY B' 7 YRS PREVIOUS),WITH OUT BATTIN AN EYELID,SAYS 'LATHAM MAKES A CHANGE TO HAVE YOU ON OUR SIDE!) YOU CAN KEEP THE STATION CARD,I HAVE 5,, Ist AND 2nd PORT AN STBD+ A BLUE ONE FOR SPECIAL DUTIES,AS FOR THE JIMMY AT ONE TIME I WAS HIS PERSONEL DECORATOR,NOT MUCH ROOM FOR INDIVIDUAL EXPRESSION,JUST GREY,AND ACRES OF SHIPS SIDE.I'VE ALWAYS BEEN IN TWO MINDS MYSELF OVER SHICZOPHRENIA,SO UNDERSTAND YOUR DILEMA.A BIG HELLO TO MY OPPO MIKE,YES ITS COLD AROUND THE THWARTS,BUT AT LEAST I DINNAE HAV TO WEAR A KILT,I'VE ALSO NAMED MY CANOE( GOOGLE 'OLD TOWN CAMPER') TO CHECK IT OUT,I'VE CALLED IT PETE'S JOLLY MACHINE,OR PJM FOR SHORT,TO GET ROUND CENSORSHIP Embarassed

Post Re: Has Gordon Brown betrayed our armed forces? 
StanW wrote:

Now don't forget to vote here folks! I should hate for anyone to misinterpret "NO"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/pollsanddebates/pollsanddebates.html?in_page_id=2006

Dunnit.

In my opinion Gordon "I'll look into it" Brown has also let down ex-servicemen and women - thus this post is on Topic with the PJM!

Sorry Stan, 94% is all I can manage with the power of prayer!

John

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next