Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Sally Keeble MP
Post Sally Keeble MP 
I received this today. Disappointing NO - Predictable YES. Meg Munn (letter date 5 Dec 07) briefed by her Civil Servants,
reiterates all the old nonesense (no blame on her, having been briefed by her civil staff vide Depertment Policy (Minister!), it is the official answer, which my MP has had the unhappy duty to relay, notwithstanding all her support for us (Sallys reply dated 12th December 2007).

I'm posting these now, and will post my reply after careful consideration, including the relevant page of Hansard relating the views of the Rt Hon Kim Howells given in the debate on the 11th December 2007.

Ms Munn is clearly responding to the honest questions raised by your MP, quoting verbatim, and deviating not one iota from the 'official' handout....I wonder how many MP's will, by now, have been fobbed off by such persistent demonstrations of official or professional jargon, which confuses more than it clarifies?....This is currently encompassed by the colloquial terms of 'Bafflegab', or 'Gobbledegook'......personally, I think such misinformative responses tack perilously close to outright prevarication...such a response is tantamount to purposely ignoring the MP's question.

Post SALLY KEEBLE MP 
HERE WE GO THEN:

Cool

Perhaps Mrs Keeble could send Meg Munn a copy of my reply. Since another FCO Minister is involved, I made a specific point of stating that "the Rt Hon Kim Howells, the Minister for the Middle East who attended and replied on behalf of the Government........"

I have just received a copy of the Hansard covering Don's debate sent by my local Mp David Tredinnick. In view of comments made on this forum, re Derek Twigg, I feel that this statement, by Dr. Howells, should be noted, Quote: "In the case of the PJM, the Minister with responsibility for veterans, my hon. Friend the Member for Halton (Derek Twigg), and a former Minister at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, my right hon. Friend the Member for Makerfield (Mr. McCartney), wrote a joint letter to the HD committee before its deliberations earlier this year, in support of wearing the medal."

Post Re: SALLY KEEBLE MP 
GLOman wrote:

Perhaps Mrs Keeble could send Meg Munn a copy of my reply. Since another FCO Minister is involved, I made a specific point of stating that "the Rt Hon Kim Howells, the Minister for the Middle East who attended and replied on behalf of the Government........"

....One might only hope so GLOman...and if I reference the previous actions and obvious interest of your MP, Ms Keeble, accurately, that is exactly what will transpire...

Keep stickin' it to them....

GLOman, sorry for posting in the wrong place, these things happen !
Kev, I merely wished to point out that, like others who have in the past supported 'the suits', he now appears to support us, and made that clear to the HD Committe prior to their last concideration of our case....Happy Christmas !

I merely wished to point out that, like others who have in the past supported 'the suits', he now appears to support us, and made that clear to the HD Committe prior to their last concideration of our case....Happy Christmas !

Then why didn't you say that instead of implying that you were on another mission setting us savages straight? Anyway, I've deleted my post. It's the season of goodwill! Hippy Chrissie, mate. Kev

PS Admin - pl delete my post. Thanks.

Post SALLY KEEBLE 
Fred,

I've deleted my post too. On reflection, it is up to Admin to observe on points of procedure, as it were, and not mine.

mea culpa,

Seasons Greetings to you and yours,

David

Embarassed PS apologies to Admin. Delete, please.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1