Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Meg Munn MP
Post Meg Munn MP 
Is Meg Munn your MP if so please contact me or any other member of your committee.
Many thanks
Paul

I have just received this reply from Meg Munn via my MP

And this is my reply to Michael

Dear Michael, thank you for your letter and a copy of the reply by Ms. Munn, you are right in your appreciation of it and yes, I and many others hold her in contempt for the mealy mouthed way in which she continues to voice the selective and dishonest views of unelected civil servants.

She has made the fundamental error of stating regulations which she is obviously not personally knowledgeable of and in doing so has led us to believe that this is either through ignorance or through deceit. She has, as has been the case throughout, mixed and matched several regulations, some extant others not, in order to justify this dishonourable decision which has in the main been made by unelected officials. A small number of them appear to be dictating to Her Majesty’s government to such an extent that I wonder just who is in charge here! She is totally wrong in her interpretation of the London Gazette ruling and as for the question of the definition of Crown Servant, she should speak to the department responsible for this, the Revenue and Customs who state quite categorically that you cease to be a Crown Servant on the day that you cease to be a paid serving member of HM Forces.

The matter of when you receive or otherwise any medallic award is also covered quite well in the regulations which state that it is the date that it is conferred not for when it was earned that is the date to be taken into consideration. I am afraid that Meg Munn has shown me that she is either against the award per se or has allowed herself to be misled, if the first then she is not a suitable person to be a minister of the Crown and if the latter, she shows such a lack of understanding or even integrity that the former opinion still applies.

How does one in this modern era show their contempt for such a dishonest government? Whatever route you take they do not listen nor do they seem to care. To demonstrate on the streets outside Parliament has been made illegal and if you do you risk arrest, if you become forceful in your demonstrations you risk the ‘political police’ beating you with impunity!

By attempting to justify this perverse decision which we believe with more than good cause to be completely dishonest, we are of the opinion that this has opened the way to a charge of maladministration against the Foreign & Commonwealth Office. I would, on behalf of our campaign group, value your opinion on this.

Regards

John

PS Barry Fleming asks me to thank you on his behalf for your continuing support

John....it is unfathomable to me that an individual with Ms Munn's apparent lack of integrity or understanding (take your pick!) can remain in the high political role that she currently occupies...One must assume, reading her response, that it's simply more expedient to repeatedly regurgitate the 'spin' issued by those who created the initial problem, than it is to actually consider the facts of the matter and come to an independent decision based upon those facts?

.....Pathetic.....

I am, like yourself, most annoyed with the tone of the letter of Ms Munn MP, I personally have it in writing from a spokesperson at The MoD that I ceased to be a Crown Servant upon the termination of my contract. I also take umbrage over Ms. Munns remarks on the LG Statement of 1968, we all know this statement stands fair and square in our favour, the madam is simply clutching at straws (sic) ruling and her oft quoted 1969 rule which quite frankly has no substance.

After a good lie down and a large cup of camomile tea, I will be writing to madam with my views..........

John

This is my 2nd letter to Meg Munn MP. I am yet to receive a reply to my 1st and I do not expect to receive a reply to this one.
Are the FCO Civil Servants playing silly games with my letters?

18th March 2008

Meg Munn MP
cc My MP Geoffrey Robinson MP
Don Touhig MP

Meg,

It is reported that you made the following statement relating the PJM Medal.

It is well understood that offers by commonwealth and foreign countries of general service or campaign medal are not considered under the terms of the Foreign and Commonwealth Orders Regulations but are dealt with separately by the H.D. Committee by submission of separate reports to the Queen.
These regulations do not relate to awards of campaign or commemorative war medals.

Could you please inform me of the file number that this statement comes from and if possible let me have a copy of this file?

Now I did send you an email but received this email in return from Deborah Stenton

Your email is for the Foreign & Commonwealth Office; however it has reached the office of Meg Munn, the Member of Parliament for Sheffield Heeley.

Your email will not be forwarded nor any action taken with it. It has been deleted and any further emails sent to this email address will automatically be deleted.

Please re-send your email to the following address: msu.publicin@fco.gov.uk

Now if you made this statement then you should answer questions relating to it, if you are unable to answer then this statement has no foundation.

I also object to having my future emails automatically deleted, this is no way to act in a democratic society.

I suspect that you will not see this letter as unelected servants seem to be making decisions on behalf of their Ministers; however I do look forward to a reply.

Kind regards
Paul

Post Meg did not see my letter. 
Today I have had it confirmed that Meg Munn when she were a Minister in the FCO did not receive my letter. This confirmation came from her office in Sheffield.
We all know that certain Civil Servants have a vested interest in censoring our correspondence but their underhanded methods will not succeed because we will carry on fighting until the truth is known to all Ministers and the PJM is granted its rightful place on the medal bar.

It would appear that Meg Munn was even denied the privilege of seeing the letter from Derek Twigg (when he was Veterans Minister) supporting our right to wear the PJM.

It would appear that Meg Munn was even denied the privilege of seeing the letter from Derek Twigg (when he was Veterans Minister) supporting our right to wear the PJM.

This beggars belief, Paul.

Those corrupt civil servants (I mean corrupt of integity) continue to ACT AS CENSORS. If that was to happen in any other walk of life there would be uproar.

They will get their 'just' desserts, though. Of that I am certain. The one thing they try and protect - their flawed and faulted disHonours System - will be destroyed. It has been promised to us in writing. And the supreme joy of that is that it is the civil servants themselves who are the cause of their own demise! Wonderful stuff. Talk about own goals!

It is a shame that the National Press can't highlight this National Disgrace............. Sad

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1