Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The RBL Response
Post The RBL Response 
I have today received an e-mail and had a telephone conversation with Patrick Leavey the head of public affairs at Pall Mall who tells me that the RBL National Chairman has decided as a result of their investigations into the PJM to write to the HD Committee copied to the MOD & Foreign Office supporting the case for the unrestricted award of the PJM.

Now before you all start jumping up and down please wait until this has been done, hopefully soon, and I will be in a position to copy the letter (hop Very Happy efully) on this forum. In the mean time please just keep your powder dry!!!

John Very Happy

Post Re: The RBL Response 
jireland wrote:

. In the mean time please just keep your powder dry!!!

John Very Happy

This was excellent advice John, when Cromwell first offered it....it remains equally valid today

More stirling work from you John.Well done

Rgds Ray

Good work John. The HD Committee must be shown the error of their ways in the 21st. century.

Post Re: The RBL Response 
jireland wrote:
... the RBL National Chairman has decided as a result of their investigations into the PJM to write to the HD Committee copied to the MOD & Foreign Office supporting the case for the unrestricted award of the PJM.

John,

This is excellent news. Readers will appreciate that until we see the letter, we should indeed keep our powder dry.

But I did think the "as a result of their investigation" was of significance. The RBL is strong on polite correctness and I do not think the Trustees would permit an aproach from that National Committee level unless they were satisfied we had made our case.

This will be excellent ammunition for The Don in October.

Barry

Post Letters 
John, you are a star - Great to hear that the wheels continue to grind on relentlessly to put pressure on the HD.

Speaking of letters, I'm afraid I received the following from our gallant Sandra Gidley this morning. I apologise unreservedly for the contents - especially to you John, for publishing it so soon after your wonderful news. Surprise, surprise, once again there is nothing new at all from the "ill advosed" Meg Munn.

Tony

Tony, do not despair, double speak is a qualification to be a civil servant or government minister!

We must wait and see just what the result of the RBL initiative will bring forth and I personally believe that it will make the 'ruling classes' sit up and think. One thing is for sure, it will add more power to the elbows of people like Sandra and the Don etc. and if they are like me, once they smell blood...................................!

I will post any letter I receive from the Legion just as soon as I get it.

John

I rather think that this response from Meg Munn was to be anticipated......Ms Munn is clearly following the script she has been given...perfectly understandable, since it's also quite apparent that, to date, Ms Munn has not experienced a cogent, independent thought in her entire political career....but soon, she will have occasion to 'rue the day' unless I miss my guess.

Post Re: Letters 
Kentsboro wrote:
I'm afraid I received the following from our gallant Sandra Gidley this morning.

I received a letter from Sandra and I have replied. She is a tremendous supporter and an inspiration to us all to keep this fight going.

Thanks for your ongoing support, Tony.

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1