Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Andil’s Story
Post Andil’s Story 
If you do nothing else today, go to the following link which is to a page on our main web site. There you will read an uplifting story of ‘strange coincidence’ – a story about how two men who fought together over 50 years ago in the jungles of Malaya but, through a chance coincidence, were reunited through the Fight4thePJM web site. The two men are the former Iban tracker, Andil ak Unting, and Andy “mcdangle” Nicoll who served with Andil when in the KOSB in Malaya.

You will read how that reunion led to the presentation of Andil’s well-earned Pingat Jasa Malaysia – thanks to the intrepid traveller Stuart who travelled back to the jungles of Borneo with the medal and with a few other gifts too.

Read it. It’s a great story.

Barry

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/memories_andil.htm

That is a fantastic story Barry and thanks to Stuart, yourself and Andy and many others that made this happen.

You are extremely blessed, Andy, to have found Andil again after more than half a century...but even so I think your old mate is wearing a wee bit better than your good self. I love the ever present bottle of whisky in the photos and the sgian dhub, or black knife, was a wonderful touch. A knife for a knife, methinks, and I am sure he saw the significance.

What can I say. Memories? The Fight4thePJM has brought so many back to me. I am sitting here speechless (which even 'er-indoors cannot believe). All I can say is "Thank you", especially to Andil. Kev

What a remarkable and interesting story. Thanks to all those who made it happen.

Roy.
Malay/sian Police Force.

In a cold, wet and snowy winter, "it warms the cockles of your heart". Not for the first time have the 'Great Eight' of F4, have shown compassion to thosel who served in Malay/Malaysia. Blessings upon you all,

Regards

David

Congratulations to all those involved in bringing about this well earned award of the PJM, to a true Veteran of Konfrontasi.

Well done chaps.

In todays economic climate of gloom and doom what a story to brighten up your day.Well done to all concerned

Rgds Ray

Post Andil's Story - Updated! 
We've updated Andil's Story - and we've decided to copy across to it some of the comments we have received.

Have another look - there's a wonderful little story added at the end which we think is a fitting footnote to Andil's Story.

Why not add more of your own thoughts - post them here, or send them to me. One day we hope to get your messages and pictures to Andil in Borneo!

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/memories_andil.htm

Barry

I don't want to detract from the good nature of this wonderful story, but who said Andil doesn't have the Queen's permission to wear his PJM? Answer: A few suits who have absolutely no understanding of the meaning of Andil's story nor of the nature of the PJM.

That cannot be right.

Richard.

This is a moving story which underlines the spirit of those in the Fight4thePJM. A spirit that brings old comrades together again after 50 years. A spirit that encourages young children to get involved and learn about what happened out there in the Far East in that 'Forgotten War'. And, as we see in Dempi's Story, a spirit that says "We shall never forget".

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1