Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Prospective Candidate
Signed, ....and I have posted the link to my Regimental forum together with this one, ..... I knew the husband of the Para's widow who wrote this and I hope you will all feel as I do and will want to sign the petition in support of the Gurkhas

Gurkha Petition. http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/

As the widow of an ex-Para I have been disgusted and ashamed by our governments actions today, in which they make it more difficult for most of these old soldiers who put their lives on the line for this country, to stay here and live out the rest of their lives if they so wish. For two hundred years they have fought in some of the bloodiest and most dangerous theatres of war, alongside our own brave soldiers for our country, and now this "wonderful" government of ours has decided to kick them in the teeth.

I have signed the petition for the Ghurkas and I just hope and pray that these fine soldiers get true BRITISH justice in the end.

John
Evil or Very Mad

I tried to sign again and a reply came back "details could not be saved. Have you signed with this name and address before"?

I've sent them an email:

To: info@gurkhajustice.org.uk
27 April 2009 10:58
Petition new or old?

I signed the original petition giving my details. I tried to sign again and my "details could not be saved". 25th April 2009, is in my view a new petition following their cynical* review. I wish to be allowed to sign the petition again. Can you modify your system?

*I am a member of the Fight4thepjm campaign. We had the same experience from the Government when they "reviewed our claim to the right to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia and even wrote a new Part C, dedicated to their case which precluded the PJM from being worn. This was in 2005 and we are still "fighting". Incidentally our members have at some time or other actually served with the Gurkhas, directly or indirectly as part of the force in Malaysia between 1957 and 1966.

Great power to your elbow!

David

Post Re: Petition. 
mcdangle wrote:
Better still, Paul and everyone, why not sign the e-petition on the Prime Minister's website at Number10.gov.uk which states that the Prime Minister should resign.

Now is your chance to show this administration what you think of their lies, cheating and spin; their disgraceful and dishonourable treatment of the Gurkhas; their shameful treatment of Malayasia/Borneo veterans and the destruction of our country under this arch incompetent, Gordon 'calamity' Brown. Perhaps we could go for the double and throw in Chris Woolyass also.

Sorry Barry, there is a time when politics shows its ugly face and we cannot ignore it.

It is reported that this petition stopped taking signatures and anyone trying to get on to it was told there was an error. Apparently a government spokesperson said there was a 'computer fault'. I also checked through the edit system and cannot find my name listed. It has been reported on other sites that names are not being added to this petition. Suspicious, or what?

Damned suspicious, McDangle, but by no means surprising.

Post Technical Info 
Deleted.

Last edited by GLOman on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quote from McDangle

"It is reported that this petition stopped taking signatures and anyone trying to get on to it was told there was an error. Apparently a government spokesperson said there was a 'computer fault'. I also checked through the edit system and cannot find my name listed. It has been reported on other sites that names are not being added to this petition. Suspicious, or what?"

Twisted Evil

Perhaps it is merely an act of GOD?

Alternatively it could be a problem with some particular nuts on the computer keyboard or other office accounting machinery?

GLOman wrote:
Quote from McDangle

"It is reported that this petition stopped taking signatures and anyone trying to get on to it was told there was an error. Apparently a government spokesperson said there was a 'computer fault'. I also checked through the edit system and cannot find my name listed. It has been reported on other sites that names are not being added to this petition. Suspicious, or what?"

Twisted Evil

Perhaps it is merely an act of GOD?

Alternatively it could be a problem with some particular nuts on the computer keyboard or other office accounting machinery?

Being a somewhat technical person myself I would go for some particular (or is it peculiar) nuts on the keyboard. Bet the Nokia phones, stapling machines and printers are flying off the table in No. 10 now.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2