Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Letter to the Cabinet Office
Post Letter to the Cabinet Office 
VIC AUSTRALIA

Ceremonial Officer of the Cabinet Office (Secretary)
Mr. Denis Brennan
Ceremonial Secretariat
Cabinet Office
35 Great Smith Street
London, SW1P 3BQ
United Kingdom

4th April 2007

Dear Mr. Brennan

HD Committee final decision on the Pingat Jasa Malaysia

I am receipt of your letter dated 12 March 2007. Naturally, I am disappointed and angry at the decision by the HD Committee, which does not take into account the facts.

I have dual citizenship and will of course abide by the customs of this country and wear my PJM since this does not offend the Queen of Australia. Likewise, I will, if the occasion so arises, wear my PJM in the UK since Her Majesty has accepted the medal and has not signed a document to say British citizens cannot wear the PJM.

The amount of time and money wasted on this issue by civil servants is truly amazing and for no good purpose, as can be seen by the following in the London Gazette:

London Gazette 3rd May 1968
FOREIGN OFFICE
COMMONWEALTH OFFICE
ORDERS, DECORATIONS AND MEDALS CONFERRED
BY MEMBERS OF THE COMMONWEALTH
OF WHICH THE QUEEN IS NOT
HEAD OF STATE, AND BY FOREIGN
COUNTRIES.
The QUEEN has been graciously pleased! to approve
that Orders, Decorations and Medals conferred with
Her Majesty's permission upon United Kingdom
citizens not being servants of the Crown by the
Heads or Governments of Commonwealth countries
as defined above, or of foreign States, may in all
cases be worn by the recipients without restriction.

I have not been in Government service since 1967 so quite clearly I am able to accept and wear the PJM. You can have as many guidance papers on the acceptance and issue of medals as you wish, however until the gazette notice is rescinded it is quite clear that British subjects who are no longer in the service of the crown are able to wear the PJM. Even if the Queen gave a directive that civilians could not wear foreign medals, I do not believe it would be a lawful directive in terms of HMG’s obligations to current statues and laws that the Government is bound by being a member state of the European Union.

So from the land where the sun always shines you can stick your Imperial Honours system where the sun never shines.

Yours sincerely

Hamish Waters
Borneo Veteran, British Army
http://www.fight4thepjm.org/

Brilliant Hamish, that last sentence says it all, good onya! Shocked Very Happy

Thats the last time I ask "is there light at the end of the tunnel".

Post Bren-gun. 
Hamish,

You are my sunshine. Andy.

You've really disillusioned him there Hamish - because he thinks it does !

Tony

Post Letter To The Cabinet Office 
A great letter, Hamish, well said.

You might like this as it seems topical !!!!!!

All the organs of the body were having a meeting, trying to decide who was the one in charge.

"I should be in charge," said the brain , "because I run all the body's systems, so without me nothing would happen".

"I should be in charge," said the blood , "because I circulate oxygen all over so without me you'd all waste away."

"I should be in charge," said the stomach," because I process food and give all of you energy."

"I should be in charge," said the legs , "because I carry the body wherever it needs to go."

"I should be in charge," said the eyes, "because I allow the body to see where it goes."

"I should be in charge," said the rectum , "Because I'm responsible for waste removal."

All the other body parts laughed at the rectum and insulted him, so in a huff, he shut down tight.

Within a few days, the brain had a terrible headache, the stomach was bloated, the legs got wobbly, the eyes got watery, and the blood was toxic. They all decided that the rectum should be the boss.

The Moral of the story?

The asshole is usually in charge !!

How sad that Jodakist's little annecdote rings so true.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post Re: Letter To The Cabinet Office 
Jodakist wrote:
A great letter, Hamish, well said.

You might like this as it seems topical !!!!!!

All the organs of the body were having a meeting, trying to decide who was the one in charge.

"I should be in charge," said the brain , "because I run all the body's systems, so without me nothing would happen".

"I should be in charge," said the blood , "because I circulate oxygen all over so without me you'd all waste away."

"I should be in charge," said the stomach," because I process food and give all of you energy."

"I should be in charge," said the legs , "because I carry the body wherever it needs to go."

"I should be in charge," said the eyes, "because I allow the body to see where it goes."

"I should be in charge," said the rectum , "Because I'm responsible for waste removal."

All the other body parts laughed at the rectum and insulted him, so in a huff, he shut down tight.

Within a few days, the brain had a terrible headache, the stomach was bloated, the legs got wobbly, the eyes got watery, and the blood was toxic. They all decided that the rectum should be the boss.

The Moral of the story?
Razz Shocked
The asshole is usually in charge !!
Quote:
ad2009still the asshole's are in charge

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1