Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Amendment to the Armed Forces Bill - It Affects Us!
Post Lords Pro-PJM Amendment Defeated in the Commons 
The Lords' Amendment in favour of the PJM was defeated tonight, but not by a large majority - only 47 votes, (and it was a Scottish MP from Glasgow who so eloquently made the case for Veterans - Gemma Doyle who was very well briefed and performed brillaintly against party politicking from ill-informed trite Tories and limp Lib Dems) but I think that was inevitable in view of its wider scope.

Nevertheless, the words I heard tonight might make the Medals Review think more positively about the PJM. The hints were there.

The Commons will now set up a Committee to explain to the Lords their reasons for rejecting the Amendment. The Lords are ready and well armed.

I am not at all dispirited. In fact, I feel more positive.

Keep At'Em!

Barry

John Cooper wrote:
Have done so Barry, anyone else made the pledge yet?

Emails Sent. Let us hope they do the honourable Thing. Lets face it, it is about time they did!!!.

Thank you Bob and to everyone else, one thing that all you guys have acheived is that you have seen and heard a debate in both Houses of Parliament on an issue which really singled out the PJM

Our thanks must go to those that have supported us in both those 'Houses' which must have dented the ego of certain Senior Civil Servants within Whitehall, that farce continues until we have closure, you can bet on that Smile

Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3