Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Victory! You will be able to wear your PJM
Post Victory! You will be able to wear your PJM 
I am delighted to report that the Fight4thePJM Campaign has succeeded. Our Campaign Has Won Its Case!

Today, in the House of Lords, the British Government stated that the HD Committee will effectively be instructed to advise the Queen that the PJM will have Unrestricted Permission for wear on all occasions, effective from this Remembrance Day, 11th November 2011.

Furthermore, we have been promised that there will be a fundamental review of the HD Committee. That signals that it should never again be possible for ex-servicemen and women to be treated as shabbily as PJMers have been treated.
This is a victory for common sense, for justice, for British ex-servicemen and women who served in Malaysia, and for Malaysia.

I cannot adequately express the deep sense of gratitude we at Fight4thePJM have for your unstinting support.

What a wonderful, historic, day.

We are now taking stock of the situation but would like to take this opportunity to thank all our thousands of supporters throughout the world. Meanwhile a pause for thought - for all those who fought with us but are no longer with us to witness this momentous occasion, men like my friends 'Jock' Fenton and Tony Davies.

From our Joint-Chairmen: John Feltham (Australia), Hamish Waters (Australia), Paul Alders (UK), John Cooper (UK), John Ireland (UK), Gerry Law (UK) ...

... and from me, Barry Fleming, it doesn't seem 61/2 years since I opened this website and wrote the first words which are still on our [url]Home Page[/url] at www.fight4thePJM.org/home.htm. I cannot begin to tell you the humility I feel today. Our friends in Australia need not have fought this fight, but they did. I am not going to name names for specific lobbying work, but I have to mention that the support from Oz was fundamental to our achieving this outcome. I, for one, will never forget that support, nor the support from the leaders of the UK effort who stuck it out to the end. Without their dedication this campaign would never have survived.

Last edited by BarryF on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:04 am; edited 3 times in total

Barry may I congratulate your goodself and everyone else for their unstinting work over these past 6 years, I endorse your comments and would like to take this opportunity of thanking all the support that we received from The House of Lords and Commons

In humility...............

Post And our thanks to our 'War Lords' 
I would like to thank our 'War Lords' for their unstinting support. As Hamish in Oz knows, we don't name names of the individual members of our team who have lobbied beyond the call of duty, but we'd like to thank him nevertheless! And then Lords Craig, Touhig and Ramsbotham in particular for all they have done for the PJM and for Fight4thePJM.

Barry

Having just listened to the debate in the House of Lords (by playback) I would like to concur with those of the Fight4thePJM Committee who have written, in the earlier messages above.

In particular I would like to thank our Leader, Barry, and my fellow Australian committee member, Hamish.

Barry mentioned it was the Australian component of the committee that did the heavy lifting over the last several weeks. I would like to inform you that it was Hamish that he was alluding to, not me.

Of course I recognise the other committee members too. A wonderful win.

It has justified our long campaign.

Marvellous result - congratulations to those who led and all who fought for it.

Although the fight should never have been necessary in the first place and was unfairly extended, requiring the utmost perseverance against an exceedingly stubborn opposition to maintain it, this final victory is testament to the ultimate triumph of real right over the pretenders and condescenders who sought to illicitly deny it. If only they would curb their resentments now and learn from the experience! In time perhaps. Surely now the wizards' true stature and deficiencies are revealed, manifestly and plain.

Well done to all the committee for their unstinting efforts over the past six and a half years. Justice has at last prevailed.

Congratulations to all involved.........................May all those who have the honour of being a PJM recipient. "Wear It With Pride"

It was a joint effort by many to achieve our objective. I would like to say however without this web site and the personal and business resources that Barry Fleming used so that we could lobby effectively none of this would have be achieved.

Our gratitude should also go to our many supporters in The House of Lords. In particular I would like to thank Lord Touhig for his tireless support in both Houses and in recent times the very effective support we have had from our military Lords. Lord Craig and Lord Ramsbotham deserve a special thank you.

I am glad to see that both the Queen of Australia and the UK are now in agreement that I can wear my PJM.

Hamish-A resident of Melbourne

Well done you lot. Very Happy

Once again in my life I am proud to know a band of fighters that fought for the good of all.
Thank you one and all for the the help and dedication you have shown.
Words can not be found to say how proud I am to have known, but never walked with such men.
I salute you all.
Fred Boland RAMC
"In Arfuis Fidelis"

Absoultely Brilliant News.....Congratulations to all concerned....I will miss logging into "Fight4" every morning when I get into my office, Thanks must go to our unstinting committee of leaders, and thoughts to those that will never celebrate our Victory over the Civil Servants, and to see sense and justice prevail.... well done Barry and all concrned.
Terry.

Just a quick note to say that there has been an awful lot of behind the scenes activity in achieving this goal, there has been some very distinguished people involved, it is to these that I raise my hat to for their fortitude, you know who you are without naming names! Smile

I would like to say a big thank you for all the support we the Committee received but I would like to say a big thank you to the Wives of the Committee they had to put up with us spending hours on the computer doing research, making phone calls & writting letters, without their support we could not have spent the time we did to get justice for all.

"What a wonderfull historic day" indeed!!. To Barry F and to all the Committee and to our Friends in the House of Lords I say, Thank You with all my heart!. Never was a fight so nobiliary won. This Remembrance Sunday will be more special to me and to all PJMers when we march behind our Standards. As the founder member of the Northern Malaya & Borneo Veterans Association may I also take this opportunity to thank you all on behalf of all our Members. THANK YOU!!!!!!

To Barry and the committee a big thank you.

To the deceivers ie, Brennan Rogers and co . Eat yer heart out .

Roy.

Fed Malay Police / Polis di Raja Malaysia

Reply to topic Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next