Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 4 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Victory! You will be able to wear your PJM
Well, as the late jimmy $aville, would have said' ' well hows about that then'.
would just like to record my thanks, to all concerned, to bring to a rightful conclusion, to a situation that should not have happened. To deal with the faceless unelected , civil servants, who think they know best Embarassed delays ,denial, all the tactics of a lost cause,and a ever deepening hole, were right becomes wrong, precedents ,situations all changed to suit.All too easy to have given up, which is also part of the serpents desire, s'pose we shouldn't gloat, but it does make me think ,as i always have , that ultimately were there is dark, becomes light, and good overcomes evil, and the truth will out,its unfortunate, that the decision makers, who twice got it wrong, are not held to account, but on these pages, they ain't anonymous, so nice try, but no win ,not this time, not this occassion.
ERR as one of the younger(there is always someone younger) PJM ers, this news, has come, while i'm officially not a O.A.P.
However in the next couple of weeks, i have to contact the pension bods, to demand payment . Any advice on how to spend it Question

Post wearing of the PJM 
I would just like to thank all the committee members and backroom staff of " the Fight 4 "
team, and all members of the forum for the hard work they have put in to get to this point, congratulations to you all.

A big THANK YOU to all commitee members who over the last six years and more have worked their "socks off" so that us PJMers can wear our medals.Thanks also to "our" Pauline and to Andy in Scotland who did more than his fair share.
To the contributors to the Forum,its been a great read through the years.Thank you

Rgds Ray

My thanks to Barry and his fight4 team, to Pauline and to all those fight4 members who for 6.5 years battled against all the odds against that faceless, unelected qango and eventually won the unwinnable,....right will always win out in the end and I feel proud to have been just one of the 4000+ fight4 membership, Ken.

Post It's Official - The MoD Press Release 
Here it is, the news we have been fighting for for nearly 7 years:

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/PressCentre/PressReleases/1592011VeteransToWearMalaysiaMedalOfficiallyForFirstTime.htm

Enjoy this momentous day - everyone at Fight4thePJM, the 'Committee' and supporters, have fought hard for this.

We are deeply indebted to everyone who has supported us over the years.

The file name of the press release is "20111103 - PJM - Press Notice FINAL.doc"

That is, it was written last Thursday but has taken three days to arrive on the MoD web site. I wonder why?

With 'Final' in the name one has to assume that they were working on it for some time?

Post MoDifications? 
John,

03/11/2011, last Thursday, was the day HM signed our Clearance Chitty (which I know you know).

'FINAL' version? I have no idea why it took them so long - I suspect the MoD, FCO and Cabinet Office civil servants' buttock clenching had something to do with it. The Press Release is about as begrudging as you can get.

So now that the MoD has taken over the management of the PJM situation (the MoD always pointed to the FCO as administrators of the PJM), I hope everyone will ask the MoD for a copy of their service records once they have been amended to record for posterity their official Malaysian award!

Barry

Post You can wear it now 
As I was saying - that MoD PR was as 'restricted' as it could get without falling foul of HM's 'unrestricted' decision. The PJM can be worn now - holders do not have to wait for the 13th November. The first official occasion in the UK is 11/11/11. See:

http://www.veterans-uk.info/medals/pingat.html

Everyone is a winner here (except one particular individual of whom more soon) so I can't underdstand why that Press Release does not reflect that. Errrr - yes, I do!

A begrudging statement if ever I saw one.

If they did it to recognise Malaysia's generous gesture, how come it took 6 years ?

Of course we know why. Rolling Eyes

John

Kuching.
Post Urgent - Venue - Remembrance Day in the South 
The BBC researcher Marcus White wishes to attend a Remembrance Day Parade on 11/11/11 or 13/11/11 in the Hampshire/Wiltshire area.

Can anyone point me to one where he'll be able to see a number of PJMs on display?

Thanks,

Barry

PS It was people like Marcus who gave us the publicity when we needed it most so I hope we can help him now.

A begrudging statement if ever I saw one.

If they did it to recognise Malaysia's generous gesture, how come it took 6 years ?

Of course we know why. Rolling Eyes

John

My sentiments too John!

Post The News Spreads 
Herewith another link to where the news is spreading:

http://bfbs.com/news/uk/malaysian-medal-ban-lifted-53184.html

Post Re: Urgent - Venue - Remembrance Day in the South 
BarryF wrote:
The BBC researcher Marcus White wishes to attend a Remembrance Day Parade on 11/11/11 or 13/11/11 in the Hampshire/Wiltshire area.

Can anyone point me to one where he'll be able to see a number of PJMs on display?

Thanks,

Barry

PS It was people like Marcus who gave us the publicity when we needed it most so I hope we can help him now.

Barry if Marcus is working can he not be guided up to the National Memorial this friday.
Just my thoughts. I am sure we could make him welcome.
Fred

That's a great idea but I think he needs a parade in the Radio Solent catchment area.

I look forward to meeting you at the NMA.

Barry

PS Any other PJMers coming to Alrewas?

Hi Fred,

That's a great idea but I think he needs a parade in the Radio Solent catchment area.

I look forward to meeting you at the NMA.

Barry

PS Any other PJMers coming to Alrewas?

Hi Barry ,there is bound to be a service in Pompey and Soton

Reply to topic Page 4 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next