Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Fight4thePJM - Last Posts
Good to see you have "escaped" David and are back home.

May the Gods be with you.

Have a good Christmas and New Year.

Very best wishes,

John

Kuching.
Although i have not potsed for a while, I wish to add my thanks and wishes to all.
I will state that I shall still wear my pin, with pride - you'll be surprised at the queries I receive from people not knowing what it is !

Again, Best Wishes to all, a very Merry Christmas, and an even Merrier New Year, and I trust everyone has a good and enjoyable future.

Paul
Ex RN 1962 - 1979
Very Happy

Good to see you back on the board again David Smile

Perhaps some of you will know either the names or recognise the faces

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Pingat+Jasa+Malaysia+Medal+&oq=Pingat+Jasa+Malaysia+Medal+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=54802l55770l0l57813l16l5l0l0l0l3l234l733l2.1.2l5l0

Post Last Posts 
Sad to say goodbye, but great to have won....still am now on good terms with my M.P. after our long campaign....even got Chrissie Card from the House !!!! Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year to all of our Readers.
Terry.

Yes Terryit is sad to say goodbye but itcomes to all at some time, this fight was ANOTHER one we won all thanks to the F4 team andit's members .I echo your sentiments for the season .

Post Time for the troopship home. 
Servicemen have always had to say many goodbyes, often to firm friends they have only known for a matter of weeks, or even days. I recall one night on a train returning to KL after a week of R&R on the island of Blackang Mati just off Singapore. I found myself doing a 2 hour stint of guard duty on the sandbags at the rear of the puffer and had the most superb and uplifting conversation with an RAF type. I think he was working with 55 Coy Air despatch but can never be sure. We never really saw each other 'cos he was in a different carriage and we only met up in the dark.

The past 6 years or so has seen all of us meeting up in the dark, but so determined to get a positive result as to become a brotherhood. THING IS....we won in the end and can sit back to let others take hope from what we did, should they be short-changed.

It will break my heart to see the end of logging on to the F4, but our leader and dear friend, Barry needs someone to tell him to end the well-won fight. Were we to continue it would look like taking the piss out of subjugated foes and we are not that cheap and nasty.

Therfore, ergo, and at your leisure Barry pull the switch.

Post But before I go ... some great news ... 
MB wrote:

It will break my heart to see the end of logging on to the F4, but our leader and dear friend, Barry needs someone to tell him to end the well-won fight. Were we to continue it would look like taking the piss out of subjugated foes and we are not that cheap and nasty.

Therfore, ergo, and at your leisure Barry pull the switch.

But before I do fade away, here is more good news on which to start the New Year. Forget the 1st and 2nd IA's ... howzabout this for a new 3rd IA on the brengun - chuck the bl**dy thing away as not fit for purpose!

And that is exactly what has happened. Brengun Brennan is no longer Head of the Honours and Appointments Secretariat in the Cabinet Office. And he left with, in its Order classification, a 3rd grade gong.

So I’d like to think that that was another victory for the PJM and for PJMers – and for common sense. Brennan was never going to give us a fair hearing and he made the mistake of telling me I should be more grateful for what they (he and his HD Committee) had done for British veterans. What a t*t! He had no idea what the Military Covenant was about and, as I pointed out to him, he was at odds with HM because he didn’t want the PJM to be wearable and She did. He was out of date and now he’s out of time and out of his previous job. In my view he was not fit for purpose.

With that piece of jetsam (I choose my words carefully here – this was not flotsam cos I believe it was chucked overboard and so I think that makes it jetsam) out of the way, the seaways are now clear for the British Honours System to be brought into the 21st Century; for those administering the system to be made accountable; for those civilians in the system to understand what the Military Covenant means and no longer to treat service personnel with contempt.

When I heard the news, did I feel vindictive? Bl**dy right I did. We witnessed men dying waiting for the news that I believe that man hoped would never be promulgated.

This latest news is the icing on the cake and we still have to submit our paper on the HD Committee. But nothing is going to spoil this wonderful moment. So thanks to everyone who has helped make all this happen. I will never forget.

Barry

If he had had any intestinal fortitude he would have declined.

But as he hasn't declined we know why.

I'm absolutely devastated to hear the sad news about the arrogant paper shuffler Brennan.
Are we having a whip round ?

Roy.

Malay Police and Polis Di Raja Malaysia.

Post magnanimous in victory 
Gentlemen, we have always lived by the code of being magnanimous in victory; so with the passing of the late Mr Brennan, we who are better that than him, should prove it by not making unconcilliatory comments, lest we denegrate to his level.

On the other hand, please feel free to put the boot in.

Arthur R-S

Post On the imperfect nature of man 
Ah, to be forgiving is a divine aspiration. Yes, we all should be more humble in victory. It is something to strive for and we must marvel at those who have ascended to that plane already and take inspiration from them. Maybe sometime soon ... maybe sometime never. It cannot be forced or feigned and perhaps honest despisement is better until then.

I don't have the stake in this matter that almost all other members here have - but I well know the corrosive penalties to be paid by an unforgiving heart. I think we all do.

Steve

Post Well done those men! 
As a supporter of the pjm campaign I would like to congratulate everyone concerned with the running of this campaign, and their supporters. Although I am not a pjm'er, I am an English patriot and an expat Royal Navy ancient mariner which means I care, and I am thrilled that FINALLY you have received HM Queen Elizabeth's permision to wear what is rightfully yours.

It's just such a bl@@dy shame that it's too late for many of your mates who I am sure are cheering you from above, or below somewhere.

As they/we say down here Australia....Bl@@dy good on ya mate! Very Happy

Much appreciated Diverderek. I was attached to your 7th Signal Regiment whilst in Borneo and some fond memories and not a few hangovers. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for your good wishes.

John

Kuching.
Derek, thank you for your post, you didn't need to register your interest, you did and I'm sure this is what this forum has been about for 6 years, everyones support, and that is very much appreciated Smile

Post Re: Well done those men! 
diverderek wrote:
It's just such a bl@@dy shame that it's too late for many of your mates who I am sure are cheering you from above, or below somewhere.

Yes - that's the bit I cannot forgive or forget.

Thanks for all your support Derek. Something positive that I won't forget.

Barry

Reply to topic Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next