Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
I'm being very polite!
Thanks for that email address, just sent one off, a broadside that is, hope I didn't srew it up?

Post Deputy Prime Minister 
You must mean Two Shags Prescott.

I've caught up with most of what I have missed in the past 10 days, so can I recommend that we turn the heat back up to Gas Mark 5, I really believe that someone is running scared, now lets keep the eejits running. Let them have their little tete-a-tete each morning at 0900hrs in the Committee Room of the HD, let them send an Army General or an Air Vice Marshal into the fray saying 'toodle pip wear what you want' because NONE of US are giving up this fight PERIOD. I think we ought to give this HD Committee a deadline before we really start to get angry, what say you guys.

To the HD Committee:- we will accept your surrender on our terms, so we will be magmaninous in your defeat you have our word for it.......

I have a lot of newbies on my forum Barry so have bumped up the PJM

If each of us registered on this forum sent one email or letter each week to those in HMG then the system will get overloaded, that would make 400 letters per week BUT if we sent 10 letters each to HMG that would be 4000 letters each week. Personally I think as I said the other day we have these people on the run, lets do it, lets give that Admiral in the HD Committee what for, let them realise they made a monumental error in undermining the value of OUR medal, yes OUR medal, not theirs, not anyone elses medal but OUR MEDAL. These people will buckle under the weight of emails and letters and have to compromise in the end. It is assumed that HMG read these pages, well if you are guys get ready for one big onslaught of electronic mail as you haven't seen anything yet. It was always claimed that the Luftwaffe put up more aircraft on 13th September 1940 to break the will of the British people and THE FEW. Well on June 27th VETERANS DAY we are going to swamp these BASTARDS in Whitehall with everything we have, we are of that same kith and kin that won before, we will do it again, by golly we WILL do it again............

Post Down 
The health service is letting it's patients down,
The prison service is letting the public down,
Two shags is getting his trousers down,

On top of that I have lost 20% of my company pension AVCs, because of an insurance company mismanagement.

My football team will probably be relegated.

But the biggest let down of all is that I am not authorized to wear my PJM MEDAL.

Ah well at least my dog still loves me.

Post Re: Down 
Paul Alders wrote:

Ah well at least my dog still loves me.

Don't worry Paul, that will soon change. I understand that the HD committee are working right now, on that dog of yours.

I am not a rich man and a extra 5 grand would come in handy BUT I WOULD RATHER WEAR THE PJM WITH PRIDE ALONG SIDE MY CAMPAIGN MEDALS ON MY LEFT BREAST.

But what does honour mean to our so called leaders?

I have sent the following to the Home Office web site today.

35,000 Malay/Borneo Veterans are getting ready to disobey the law. WHY? because this Government has brought in an unworkable law without going through Parliament.
You say that we can accept the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal but must not wear it. WELL, WE WILL WEAR IT AND ALONG SIDE OUR CAMPAIGN MEDALS.
I look forward to your reply.

I have now showed intent to break the law, I await the knock on the door.
They can't keep the crooks in the nick so there should be plenty of room for this pensioner.

This webpage has been extracted from the Veterans Agency section of the Ministry of Defence
http://www.veteransagency.mod.uk/medals_folder/medals_medal_instituted.htm

The PJM medal has been awarded to British ex Servicemen for their endeavours many years ago for eliminating Communist Insurgents where a grateful nation, Malaysia has bestowed this medal upon us, we never asked for it but as a thank you we wish to receive and wear said PJM, so far so good then:-

Along comes some unelected QUANGOs within the British Government, and I might hasten to add is answerable to no one, to put the kybosh on these same ex service personnel. They take a document along to HM The Queen and on the HD committees advice get Her Majesty to sign a document allowing us to receive said medal but advises Her Majesty that we cannot wear it officially.

I know, I know ostrich feathers, gold epaulettes, swords, scrambled eggs on hats are a thing of the past so is the HD Committee. No one could write a sketch like that could they, well perhaps someone from The Monty Python Flying Circus Days could compare it with a dead parrott and find something amusing in it, we can't, we think it is a pathetic ruling.

If you think it is a pathetic ruling even if you have no axe to grind could I ask you to write to your MP to ask that this ruling is overturned, thank you in anticipation............

This webpage has been extracted from the Veterans Agency section of the Ministry of Defence
http://www.veteransagency.mod.uk/medals_folder/medals_medal_instituted.htm

The PJM medal has been awarded to British ex Servicemen for their endeavours many years ago for eliminating Communist Insurgents where a grateful nation, Malaysia has bestowed this medal upon us, we never asked for it but as a thank you we wish to receive and wear said PJM, so far so good then:-

Along comes some unelected QUANGOs within the British Government, and I might hasten to add is answerable to no one, to put the kybosh on these same ex service personnel. They take a document along to HM The Queen and on the HD committees advice get Her Majesty to sign a document allowing us to receive said medal but advises Her Majesty that we cannot wear it officially.

I know, I know ostrich feathers, gold epaulettes, swords, scrambled eggs on hats are a thing of the past so is the HD Committee. No one could write a sketch like that could they, well perhaps someone from The Monty Python Flying Circus Days could compare it with a dead parrott and find something amusing in it, we can't, we think it is a pathetic ruling.

If you think it is a pathetic ruling even if you have no axe to grind could I ask you to write to your MP to ask that this ruling is overturned, thank you in anticipation............

Have checked this site John and it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the PJM. They have changed the rules again 'who the hell is the Commander in Chief' are we under the rule militarily of George Dubya Bush now?

Have checked this site John and it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the PJM. They have changed the rules again 'who the hell is the Commander in Chief' are we under the rule militarily of George Dubya Bush now?

What they have probably done, Andy, is to try and apply "British Medals" policy to "Foreign Decorations" policy. That is a mistake on their part.

1. The Veterans Agency is a subset of the MoD - the Veterans Minister, Mr Touhig, is a Minister in the MoD. The pages at http://www.veteransagency.mod.uk/medals_folder/medals_medal_instituted.htm are about "British Medals" Policy. So we can disregard them entirely unless 'they' rely upon them for their specious arguments.

2. "Foreign Decorations" policy is a matter for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The Trade and Industry Minister there, Mr Pearson, is the one who issued the discredited and ambiguous Ministerial Statement. The Rules we have to look at are the Foreign Decorations Rules as set out by Mr Straw see http://www.fight4thepjm.org/the_pjm_foreign_decorations_rules.htm.

Because both the MoD and the FCO have become involved in discussing matters with us, the picture has become even more confused.

And to make matters worse, the MoD and FCO people who are fielding our calls, emails and letters have absolutely no power to question the HD Committee. None. All they can do is to try and influence their unaccountable QUANGO (unaccountable = nobody can account for their PJM decision!) as the FCO did early last year but with only partial success because the MoD (in the form of a certain Rear Admiral not, NB, an elected Minister) did not play a straight bat and say that double-medalling did not apply to the PJM. Instead, the aforesaid Rear Admiral Wilkinson (he is both MoD and HD Committee) confirmed his priorities - the HD Committee over his MoD allegiance - and sycophantically reported to the HD lot that double-medalling applied and thus gave the HD Committee the support they needed to introduce the specious 5year rule as an objection.

And thus, the Rear Admiral, if indeed it was he, has introduced all this confusion of which you speak, and it is he who has brought considerable embarrassment to everyone - the HD lot, the Cabinet Office, the MoD Ministers, the FCO Ministers, and the Queen.

They can't sentence him to walk the plank - he's thicker than even two short ones.

Barry

Post Rear Admiral Wilkinson 
George F wrote:
There are many sections on that veterans agency medal site this is probably the one John means.

http://www.veteransagency.mod.uk/medals_folder/medals_pingat.htm

I think you are right, in addition to the original page quoted which deals with "British Medals" policy.

It is interesting to witness the way in which the MoD distances itself from this matter on those pages, pointing out at every opportunity that the PJM is a matter for the FCO!

Of couse, we understand that it is not on their desk as a policy issue, but it was they, in the form of the Rear Admiral Wilkinson who represented the whole of the MoD at teh HD Committee, who allowed this matter to get so out of hand that 20,000 people from all over the world have taken an interest.

And, his biggest foot in mouth faux pas has led to considerable difficulties at Buckingham Palace where he and his Committee have instructed the Queen to say one thing for some of her citizens and another for others. Either he and his Committee are saying the PJM is not suficiently respectable for British citizens, or he and his Committee is saying that the Aussies and New Zealand Governments have lower standards in accepting the award for wear.

It's one or the other. Which is it, Rear Admiral Wilkinson? You have myaddress and telephone number if ever you want to discuss the issue.

Barry

PS I'm with the Australians and Kiwis - you did the right thing, and I'm embarrassed to be British. Where's me passport ...

Willco, John. I've a meeting with him on the 4th May.

This is all reminiscent of 15 February 1971 when we went Decimal in the UK.

Then it was total confusion between Pounds Shillings and Pennies v. Pounds and Pence ... and led to prices going up.

Now it is between Imperial and Commonwealth ... leading to values going down.

The trick is not to mix your currencies. It wouldn't work with LSD (?) v. LP, and it won't work with Imperial v. Commonwealth.

The British should not apply their Imperial Honours System to a Commonwealth Award.

And they shouldn't try and mint their own Imperial currency to make the exchange rate work. They should not try and exchange the Commonwealth nation's rules of eligibility to British rules of eligibility.

While I was in Malaysia, I witnessed the British having to devalue their Pound. Now I am in Britain, I am witnessing something similar with their integrity.

Barry

Perhaps they are called REAR Admirals because thats what they talk through or may be this ones a RED Admiral.

Anyhow this one is not going to change his mind, because to do so he would have to admit he was wrong and I have never know a Senior Officer do that. He will need someone else to blame first.
Anyone know a scapegoat?

Good point barry, I would also like to add The HD committee and British Medal Policy can apply the Imperial Honours System to a Commonwealth or foreign award regards the right to wear within HM Armed Forces. But they have no legal right to apply those same rules to the civilian citizenship of the UK.

Furthermore the HD committee do not hold copyright to the written word *HONOUR*. In fact their actions on 7 December 2005 was to the contrary.

George

I agree with that, George.

They are supposed to uphold the integrity of the British Honours system, not discredit it.

Barry

Reply to topic Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next