Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Different citations of the PJM medal
Post TRUE AND FALSE CITATIONS-----------PJM. 
GREETINGS GEORGE.
I APPRECIATE YOUR ABILITY TO SCRUTINISE ALL OF THE MATERIALS THAT THE M.O.D. SEEMS TO INTRODUCE BY STEALTH. AS AN EX-PATRIOT, AND NOW AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN,MAY I COMMEND YOU, ON YOUR CONTINUED DILIGENCE IN YOUR FIGHT FOR INJUSTICE.
YOURS AYE HENRY HIGGINS

Post Re: TRUE AND FALSE CITATIONS-----------PJM. 
bighenners wrote:
MAY I COMMEND YOU, ON YOUR CONTINUED DILIGENCE IN YOUR FIGHT FOR INJUSTICE.

I'll second that, Henry. Nothing gets past him ... and I bet the MoD, FCO and HD Committee regret the day they started their 'game' of duplicity.

They've hinted to George and other PJM supporters that the content and frequency of emails and letters was bordering on not being 'civil' (which accusation enables them to duck answering the pertinent questions). I reckon that the wording of those messages from Geroge et al reflected the frustration we are all feeling when getting pushed from pillar to post with glib and repetitve spin and disinformation - some of which was tantamount to lies.

All the best - and thanks for your continuing support from Oz, Barry

Post PJM CITATIONS,BEING UNCIVIL TO ' CIVIL' SERVANTs; OH REALLY! 
WELL , YET ANOTHER TWIST,NOW IT WOULD APPEAR, THAT BY REMOVING THE WORD 'PEACEKEEPING' IT FURTHER DEVALUES THE PJM, WOT WHERE WE DOING THERE , ON HOLIDAY? MAYBE AS WAR WASN'T DECLARED, WE COULDN'T KEEP A PEACE, AS EVERYTHING WAS HUNKY DORY,WOW, A. B. C. SYNDROME HAS PLUMMETED NEW LOWS. YET OUR CIVIL SERVANT'S , POOR DEARS, GET UPSET AT THE SUGGESTION OF BEING IMPOLITE ,IN OUR QUERIES, AT THE SITUATION THEY HAVE ENGINEERED, YEP THEY GET UPSET WHEN A.B.C. BITES BACK! JUST WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE VOID BETWEEN PORT & STBD BUCCANEERS! FIRST RULE OF GETTING RESPECT, IS TO GIVE SOME OUT, NOT SQUIRM , LIE ,HAVING AND/IF/ BUT/5YEAR/DOUBLE MEDAL/TOOLATE/TOOEARLY/PROTECT INTEGRITY OF SYSTEM/SPIN. YES , I THINK THEY DESERVE ALL THE FLAK THAT COMES THEIR WAY,WHERE O WHERE DID THE LACK OF CIVILITY BEGIN? THIS FROM A GOV, THAT WHEN IT HAS ITS TROUSER'S UP PLAYS CROQUET, WHILE THE EMPEROR IS ON A FREBBIE, 'EAR DID I MAKE ALL THIS UP, OR IS IT REAL. YOURS AS EVER WITH PERSONNAL INVECTIVE SWITCH ON A 'LOW' SETTING

Post Re: PJM CITATIONS,BEING UNCIVIL TO ' CIVIL' SERVANTs; OH REA 
ro5=6372 wrote:
, I THINK THEY DESERVE ALL THE FLAK THAT COMES THEIR WAY,WHERE O WHERE DID THE LACK OF CIVILITY BEGIN? THIS FROM A GOV, THAT WHEN IT HAS ITS TROUSER'S UP PLAYS CROQUET, WHILE THE EMPEROR IS ON A FREBBIE, 'EAR DID I MAKE ALL THIS UP, OR IS IT REAL. YOURS AS EVER WITH PERSONNAL INVECTIVE SWITCH ON A 'LOW' SETTING

I agree, Pete. They do all deserve teh flak because it was they who used conniving duplicity to produce their mean-minded and shameful recommendation to deny veterans a liitle bit of pride in being able to wear an honourable medal honourably.

All the best, from another 'low key' correspondent - Barry

Post Re: PJM listed as a Campaign medal. 
George F wrote:
I am sure both the MOD and the HD committee are not very pleased.

Well spotted George!

And to think that Mr Coney (or was it Chris Edge) has just written to explain at long last that the Brit 'risk and rigour' criterion should not eb applied to the PJM!

As you say, they won't be at all pleased!

Post Re: PJM listed as a Campaign medal. 
[quote="BarryF"][quote="George F"]I am sure both the MOD and the HD committee are not very pleased.[/quote]

DOE'S ANYONE REALLY CARE IF MOD & OTHERS ARE NOT PLEASED, THEY HAVE GONE TO GREAT LENGTHS, TO OPPOSE US THE RECIPIENTS OF PJM,THEY ARE AWARE OF OUR DISPLEASURE, AND CONTINUE TO REINFORCE THEIR DUPLICITY SO ON THAT BASIS, ANYTHING THAT TAKES THEM OUT OF THEIR COMFORT ZONE, GIVES ME PLEASURE! Laughing

Post Letter from the FCO... 
This morning I received a 2 page Airmail letter from 'Chris' Edge, written on behalf of the Minister of Foreign Affairs....Mr Edge waxed eloquent about the amount of consideration the FCO had given the case of the PJM....and he resurrected the bogus 5-year rule yet again...he also reminded me of the 'Royal Prerogative' and went so far as to advise me that 'wearing of Foreign awards is not policed'.

Well, Mr Edge, through you to the new Foreign Minister....that just don't cut it for me!....Let us not forget that in this particular instance my comrades and I were the ones who were exposed to the heat, the humidity, the multiple forms of insect infestation, the leeches, the 'prickly heat', the difficulties of being 'aware' 24 hours per day, aggravated by the problems of four hours of sleep per night, poor food, marginally potable water...and as an afterthought, there was always the enemy!...just in case we needed anything else to make life difficult.

Mr Edge....for me it simply isn't enough for it 'not to be policed'....insofar as this ex-soldier is concerned the PJM has to be properly ratified and accepted for wear....We Malaya/Borneo veterans did the job that we were sent to do...and we did it in Spades!...We won there, despite the odds, and we sure as Hell are not going to capitulate to some pathetic little FCO minion who tells us that to disobey the Queen's express instructions is OK, because HE says that the 'wearing of Foreign awards is not policed'.

We Malaya/Borneo veterans WILL proudly wear the PJM Mr. Edge...but not under your objectionable and insulting conditions...we'll wear it when the offending language is removed and replaced with, "approved for unrestricted wear"

Post DIFFERENT CITATIONS FOR THE PJM 
Well said --Jock. I suppose we in the colonial outposts sense a call to arms over this issue, but it is also with a sense of sadness that we see our comrades in arms so badly treated------------to have suffered the slings and arrows of a government that is now so destitute of any sense of honour, that it is willing to sacrifice the diginty of those that once served , in order to keep face amongst themselves. Hip Hip Hooray. Good on ya mate. Henry

I know I keep repeating this..............but this medal was awarded by a Foreign Government for its thanks for those that defeated a common enemy, you would think in turn that this wretched Govt in the UK would reciprocate and leave these Spin Doctors out of the equation. I shall wear MY medal on any occasion I think fits the bill, I hope you do too. Let us have your unswerving support.........

Sad It seems to me that the UK government has absolutely NO right, certainly no legal or lawful basis whatsoever to alter or change any part of this medal or the citation that goes along with it.

The issuing countries government (that of Malaysia) is the LEGAL authority covering each and every aspect of this wonderful award.

I wonder what kind of C**p would hit the fan if any other country were to alter the wording of a British issued award or medal before allowing their citizens to accept it

Keith
Sunny South Carolina.. Smile
________
Marijuana Sativa

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1