Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Email to Chris Edge FCO
Post Email to Chris Edge FCO 
Mr Chris Edge at The Foreign & Commonwealth Office

Reference the right to wear the PJM Medal

Can you please explain to me why a friend of mine has the UNRESTRICTED right to wear the Sultan of Johores Coronation Medal from 1959 as approved by Duncan Sandys in the early 1960's and yet I cannot wear UNRESTRICTED the PJM?

Details of letters can be found here

http://community.webshots.com/album/542043451QHRWkQ

If you do not know the answer can you please pass this email on to someone who can answer

Thank you
John Cooper

Address supplied

A reply from Chris Edge at The FCO in other words do not involve me in such trivia, nice one Chris!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 29 June 2006 16:34
To: 'JOHN COOPER'
Subject: RE: PJM

Dear Mr Cooper.
Thank you for your e-mail.
I regret that I do not have the details available of the Sultan of Johore's Coronation medal, the eligibility criteria, and to whom permission was given to wear the medal. It is likely that the papers relating to an individual over 40 years ago are no longer available, even if the name were known. I do know, however, that each case relating to the accepting and wearing a non-British award is considered under the rules governing the accepting and wearing of non-British awards. I am sure that this will have been the case with a medal from 1959. Similarly, the Malaysian request to present the PJM was considered under the rules. Each request is considered separately, and it does not follow that when approval/permissions are given in the case of one medal the same, or any approval/permissions, will necessarily be given in the case of a different medal.
Yours sincerely,
Chris Edge

-----Original Message-----
To: chris.edge@fco.gov.uk
Subject: PJM

Mr Chris Edge at The Foreign & Commonwealth Office

Reference the right to wear the PJM Medal

Can you please explain to me why a friend of mine has the UNRESTRICTED right to wear the Sultan of Johores Coronation Medal from 1959 as approved by Duncan Sandys in the early 1960's and yet I cannot wear UNRESTRICTED the PJM?

Details of letters can be found here

http://community.webshots.com/album/542043451QHRWkQ

If you do not know the answer can you please pass this email on to someone who can answer

Thank you
John Cooper

Post In response to Mr Birchall... 
Thank you Mr Birchall...

Your e-mail sums up the entire idiotic situation most succinctly.

The fact that you received in return nothing more than a regurgitation of the standard clap-trap should not deter you...it will not deter us!

You have elected to join us in our fight....I salute you, and hope that many others, witnessing your example, will emulate it...it doesn't have to be a '3 pager' to get their attention...a couple of pointed sentences does the job real well, as you have demonstrated!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1