Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Two PJMs
Post Two PJMs 
How many of you will be the recipient of two PJMs?

I sent to Fred Burden Gen Sec of The NMBVA my first application for my own PJM back in Feb 2006 and today I have had my signature witnessed by a Police Sergeant for a posthumous PJM for my father as I am the Next of Kin.

Perhaps one of you can answer this question, whilst I am not 'officially' permitted to wear my own medal on a suitable occasion am I permitted to 'officially' wear my fathers medal on the right breast. I WILL wear both with pride come what may but is there an anomaly here......George, H E L P!

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: Two PJMs 
George F wrote:
Maybe the Veterans Minister could answer that one. Surely wearing your fathers PJM medal on your right breast on remembrance day couldn't be discourteous to The Queen, like wearing your own PJM on your left breast could it?

As I understand it, the Queen approved the recommendation in respect of British citizens that the PJM is accepted on condition that it is not worn.

There were no riders or caveats to that. Therefore it applies to every British citizen (whom I identify as those who have had to apply via the UK MoD.

I believe the recommendation is a complete cock-up, of course.

The Queen's approval is unambiguous but the Cabinet office say that there is an exception for those with dual nationality - they can wear their PJM in their country of residence only).

Perhaps there is an exception for next of kin (which exception we support unequivocably, of course).

Maybe we'll drill down through more exceptions as they are manufactured to suit the situation and arrive at a small group of British veterans who have been singled out as targets for that mean-spirited recommendation.

Perhaps it will be down to your postcode - the suits arrange most things by postcode nowadays.

Anyway, I see 'Discrimination' stamped all over the brief.

A total shambles.

Barry

I am in the same position.....I applied for a posthumus PJM for my late twin bother (we served together in 40 commando in Borneo) as well as my own.
Interesting situation.

Bob Bryant

John,
I am in the same position.....I applied for a posthumus PJM for my late twin bother (we served together in 40 commando in Borneo) as well as my own.
Interesting situation.

Bob Bryant

Bob

The suits read this page, so I will not waste anymore time with them in getting a bog standard reply. What I will do though is to ask the C-in-C Her Majesty The Queen what is the position and would I do a great discourtesy if I were to wear my late fathers PJM.

Perhaps, Bob, you might like to canvass Her Majesty too

I wrote to H.M. recently and still waiting for a reply, but you have a good point. I will send a snail mail today.

Bob

Just posted a letter to H.M. I will not place it on open forum at this stage out of courtesy.
I have asked the relevent question...I will post the reply if I get one.

Yours Aye
Bob

I will be doing likewise later Bob and again wait to see if there is a reply.

Hi ! I am a newcomer on this site, could anyone tell me how to apply for the Malay medal, I served in 40 commando royal marines Brunei /Borneo at the time Thanks Dave

Hi ! I am a newcomer on this site, could anyone tell me how to apply for the Malay medal, I served in 40 commando royal marines Brunei /Borneo at the time Thanks Dave

Hi Dave, Welcome to the Fight4thePJM Forum and Web Site.

If you go to http://www.fight4thepjm.org/the_pjm_application_form.htm you can download a form (if you have a printer). If you want the form to be sent to you, send me an email or a Private Message (click on PM below) with your address and we'll put a form in the post to you.

Full instructions are on the form - it should be returned to Fred Burden at the NMBVA-UK (address on the form) ... you do not have to be a member.

You can also get froms via the NMBVA-UK at http://www.nmbva.co.uk - the only reason we send out forms is to try and take some of the 'burden' (poor pun) off Fred.

Any problems, let me know.

Barry

Hi I'm a newcomer to this site and I'm not sure if you can answer my question or not. What is the qualifying criteria for the GSM 1962 with the Malay Peninsula clasp. I know its 30 days service from the 17 August 1964 but I'm not sure of the end date. Can anybody help. Thanks

Hi I'm a newcomer to this site and I'm not sure if you can answer my question or not. What is the qualifying criteria for the GSM 1962 with the Malay Peninsula clasp. I know its 30 days service from the 17 August 1964 but I'm not sure of the end date. Can anybody help. Thanks

The end date on land, i.e. on the Peninsula itself, was 12th June 1965.

For certain operations over air and coastal waters it was the same as the Borneo clasp - 11th August 1966.

All the best,

Barry

Thanks for that Barry, it looks like I cant get the GSM but will hopefully get a PJM, keep up the good work.
Sandy428

i'm new to the site, i got my medal in liecester 3 weeks ago, the royal tigers ass; made us so welcome. i'm proud of my medal and like everyone want to wear it with the others i have. how much longer do we have to wait to wear it ? we waited a long time to get and we are getting older so give us the chance befor it's to late, like it has been for some. eddie

Welcome to the forum Eddie, stay in there, we are doing our utmost to overturn this unjust decision. Smile

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next