Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Key Civil Servants
You know we have no right of appeal to question why we cannot wear the PJM. This website tells you that you have basic Human Rights and this department is denying us these rights.

This is from the Official Foreign Office site, here is their email address if you wish to enquire why we haven't those rights as I have done

HRDGGenquiries@fco.gov.uk

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1028302591889

Post Portsmouth today Article 
Barry,You may be able to get the information you/we require from the Political Editor of the Portsmouth News David Maddox who was very involved with Cdr Eddie Grenfell and the Artic Star campaign.David's email address is. David.Maddox@thenews.co.uk.His opinion of the M O D is very much the same as ours. I spoke to Eddie Grenfell yesterday and he is very interested in our campaign.Now here's a man that knows his way around Whitehall.I am hoping to get him onboard for our campaign.

Great stuff Jon, thanks!.......and you are in the area, there must be loads of Navy/Marines & FAA in the area that served in The Far between 1957-66

I have just penned this to Margaret Beckett

The Rt Hon Margaret Beckett MP

The Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal

Dear Margaret

You are the only person that can overturn the insensitive ruling that The Honours and Decorations Committee decided upon and your departments announcement on January 31st 2006 regarding the Non Wearing Rule by recipients.

Whilst I am pleased that the HD Committee accepted its presentation I am disgusted on The Non Wear Issue when:

1> My fellow Veterans in Australia and New Zealand have The Unrestricted Right to Wear, how naff that we have been victimised in Britain as if to rub salt into already sore rules. Our Empiric rules are just that lost in the mist of time.
2> The Pingat Jasa Malaysia has been referred by a top Civil Servant as a Souvenir or Keepsake, never in my 67 years have I heard such a demeaning and derogatory statement as this to 519 comrades that did not return from this conflict.
3> I have been informed (again by a top Civil Servant) that there is no right of appeal or that I have any statutory rights regarding the Unrestricted Wear Rule
4> I have asked many UK Government Departments to provide documentary evidence on ‘the rules’ as laid down by the HD Committee no one has found these rules or even replied to who ‘invented’ them
5> One is the Five Year Rule and the other The Double Medalling Rule
6> I am one of the Signatories to the Rebuttal and Petition to Her Majesty that is currently sitting on your desk, I urge you ma’am to see reason where I have the right to two PJMs one for myself and a posthumous one for my father where we both served in the Malaysian Area at the same time. Whom do I show the greatest discourtesy to by wearing the PJMs Her Majesty The Queen or not to wear my fathers PJM, can I just ask you to ponder the latter as to what your thoughts would be Margaret if you had to make the choice between being a very proud and loyal subject or a very proud next of kin (in my case eldest son)?

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to read this

Yours sincerely

John Cooper
Address supplied

Post Portsmouth News 
Hi George.The Portsmouth news is published 6 days a week two editions each day.

I would like to take this opportunity of placing this webpage here

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/conduct/

.......and this one

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/secretariats/ceremonial/index.asp

I wonder if The Rt Hon M Beckett MP finds that there is a cause for a review on the Non Wearing of The PJM and if HMQ/HD Committee see sense and come down in our favour, what then of all of these Civil Servants, Ministers, Colonels, Field Marshals and Admirals, what are their futures?

On the other hand if our appeal is turned down can you imagine the fire and brimstone from us lads, it doesn't bear thinking about Shocked

Post A letter to Mr Edge 
This letter courtesy of Keith Frape....posted here with his permission...
=======================================

Dear Mr. Edge.
Sir.
Firstly please accept my apologies for contacting you directly but being an Ex member of The Life Guards and now a US citizen, I thought that going directly to those who hold the highest office are most likely to be able to assist me and many others living abroad in the shortest possible amount of time with a VERY troubling subject. .

I am ex CoH Frape. KJ, late of The Life Guards.
My first posting after graduating from the Junior Leaders Regiment RAC.
was to fly out to the Far East and join the regiment in Seremban, Malaysia in late June of 1966.
Our C Sqn. was deployed in Borneo at the time and I was attached to the regiments B Sqn.in Paroi Camp, Seremban, Malaysia awaiting their return.

As you are fully aware we, the British veterans of this era and conflict, are now being offered the Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal by the Malaysian government for our service during the confrontation and as such my service time in Malaysia falls within the start and ending date of 31 December 1966 (due to the cooling off period as laid out by the Malaysians).

Myself, like many officers and other ranks of the Life Guards, RHG and attached personnel of the day are entitled to receive this medal and I have applied for it through the correct channels.

HOWEVER..Unlike those members of our C Sqn, and those serving alongside of them, we are NOT entitled to the British award, GSM 1962. Borneo Bar.

So the PJM will be the ONLY medal and recognition for my/our time served
during the hostility dates and qualifying days as laid out by the 'Malaysian government'.

What saddens me Sir, is the fact that we are being denied the right and formal
permission to actually wear it when we get it.

Yes I know and am FULLY aware of all the half baked and twisted tales and so called rules governing our medal, thrown around by various departments of government, the MoD and HD committee members, and those who claim to advise Her Majesty in the correctness of these matters.
Poorly so it appears in this case.

None of these so called rules or guidelines hold enough water to float a paper boat I might add!

The New Zealand and Australian Governments have embraced this medal for
their Veterans and are only to delighted to allow it to be worn and I might add, with the permission of Her Majesty.

It is a poorly fudged and cobbled together set of conflicting statements (so called rules) that nobody in the correct seats of power feel we should have corrected.
The press and other members of Parliament are now starting to take notice of our plight and fight!

Can you posibly on behalf of myself and many others of The Life Guards, attached RHG and other arms, AAC, Pay Corps, ACC, R. Sigs. REME. etc. ask that this be re addressed and corrected so we, as ex service persons may wear our medal not only with pride but with the formal permission of Her Majesty the Queen.

This affects not only myself but roughly 35,000 Veterans and is very important to each and every one of us.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this Sir.

For complete and up to date information about the fight to reverse
this situation, please look at the following site.
It will not only bring you up to date and answer many questions you may have but also give you access to accurate facts and ammunition for taking the fight forward.

Keith Frape

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/

I wonder if you will be given the courtesy of a reply, it would appear that I am being ignored from thsoe 'Top' Civil Servants, however I keep writing, I shall continue to do so, the evidence on not replying to my mail is gathering pace, their choice.

I hope I have 'gotten to them', I hope my name is dirt with those people in Whitehall, I shall discredit their names and their cause as much as I can. 'Tis they who brought this on themselves, not us!

Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3