My reply to The Cabinet Office yesterday as follows

ceremonial@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk

FAO Neena Thandasseri

Policy Officer

Ceremonial Secretariat

Cabinet Office

SW1P 3BQ

Dear Neena

Thank you for your letter of 16th August in reply to my two emails to Mr Denis Brennan of 6th and 14th August 2006 re an appeal on an unjust decision by The HD Committee to advise Her Majesty to accept the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal but for those 35000 recipients not to be able to OFFICIALLY wear the medal.

Would the Cabinet Office explain under which section of the Royal Prerogative does the non wearing of the PJM medal come under and further I cannot seem to find this statement by Mr Ian Pearson on the award announcement of 31st January 2006? Did The Queen use this Royal Prerogative to disallow Her own British Subjects wearing The PJM against those of our Commonwealth Cousins in Australia and New Zealand. Once you find these dates would you kindly copy these to me.

Although there appears to be different signals coming out of different departments of The FCO/Cabinet Office/MoD, the latter of course having no truck with the PJM but do seem to want to join in unofficially, why I wonder have comments such as 'the wearing of medal by civilians is not policed' come from, now that is one statement you are all in step with, but once again was not mentioned by Ian Pearson on 31st January 2006.

So my question to you Neena is 'are the rules being made up as you go along' as I have no redress on 'The Queens Prerogative', I cannot appeal, I have no statutory rights. I have further been quoted in the past on The Five Year Rule and Double Medalling Rule which do not aparently exist. The latter two is being asked officially of you by Sir Michael Lord MP, The Deputy Speaker of The House of Commons who is also my MP for Central Suffolk.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to give me your expert opinions on the above, failing which of course you may pass this back to Mr Brennan for his reasoning.

Again thank you for your response and time

Yours sincerely

John Cooper

cc Sir Michael Lord MP

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1