Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
THE CURRENT POSITION
Post THE CURRENT POSITION 
Several people have contacted me about the current position, informing me that they had been told that British citizens have permission to wear the PJM.

Unhappily, I have to confirm that this is not correct. The Government loses no time in telling me (and everyone else and our MPs) that the current position is that which is explained in the 31st January Ministerial Statement - British citizens do not have permission to wear the PJM.

I understand that incorrect info is being innocently promulgated in Regimental Journals and at Meetings.

Please advise your Regimental or Armed Forces Association of the correct position which is that as at 20th October 2006 British citizens do not have permission to wear the PJM.

Thank you,

Barry

Question Just a thought... and I'm not sure if I'm on the right thread here but I think it's relevant to the campaign.

The Kingdom Saudi Arabia awarded the Liberation of Kuwait medal tp personnel who were present for GW1, and I believe some (but not all) were given permission to wear it by HMG.
Would this not also be considered as a 'commemorative' medal and therefore not authorised for wear by uniformed personnel ?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1