Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
E Mail your MP
Post E Mail your MP 
E mail your MP today and ask Him/Her to support the Scottish Parliaments Petition to Westminster which seeks to allow Scottish Veterans to wear the PJM.

This English Brummie has just done so, lets all support our mates north of the boarder.

I have e-mailed my MP Ronnie Campbell (Blyth Valley) for the second time.
If I do not get a reply this time I will attend his next surgery and have a few choice words with him.

If I do not get a reply this time I will attend his next surgery and have a few choice words with him.

Great stuff, Bill.

Ask him to sign the two EDMs (Don Touhig's - EDM 356 and Michael Mates - 375), both supporting the call for the call for the HD Committee to rverse its decision.

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=999

Thanks,

Barry

Ask him to sign the two EDMs (Don Touhig's - EDM 356 and Michael Mates - 375), both supporting the call for the call for the HD Committee to reverse its decision.

And remind your MP that the current Veterans Minister and his two predecessors support our case!

And point him to Don Touhig's question to the current Veterans Minister, Derek Twigg, asking him to confirm his support (Mr Twigg did so) and asking MPs to sign up to the two current EDMs.

Point your MP tohttp://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2006-12-11a.566.0.

Don Touhig (Islwyn, Labour) Link to this | Hansard source

May I tell my hon. Friend that I and a great many others were encouraged by a letter that he sent me on 24 November, in which he made it clear that he intends to be the veterans' champion and to press the Committee on the Grant of Honours, Decorations and Medals to allow our servicemen who fought in Malaysia the right to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal? In making those representations, would it assist him if more right hon. and hon. Members on both sides of the House were to sign early-day motion 356, which is in my name, and early-day motion 375, which stands in the name of the right hon. Member for East Hampshire (Mr. Mates)?

Derek Twigg (Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Veterans), Ministry of Defence) Link to this | Hansard source

I am aware of the work that my right hon. Friend has been doing on this issue and of the early-day motion that he tabled. He has made many representations to me. He will be aware, as I think he confirmed just now, that I have made clear what the veterans' views and wishes on this issue are. I am sure that there will be ongoing discussions, but the Foreign Office takes the lead on this.

I have just sent this email to both John Gummer and Tim Yeo in neighbouring constituencies to mine, they do not have to reply of course, but you have to be in it, to win it!

I can't see that it will do any harm if anyone on the forum sends their own/neighbouring MP an email to this effect

"Tim Yeo" <TIMYEOMP@parliament.uk> Add to Address Book
To: "John Cooper" Subject: Thank you for contacting Tim Yeo MP
Here is a copy of your message:

Dear Mr Yeo

I and British Far East veterans in your nearby constituency are still
fighting the HD Committee for the right to wear the Pingat Jasa
Malaysia.

I am writing to ask you if you would support us by signing
either of (or, better, both!) Don Touhig's EDM 356 and Michael Mates'
EDM 375. They are receiving tremendous support
with over 100 MPs already signed up who add to support from our two VC
supporters and many distinguished men from all ranks of the armed forces
from Field Marshal to Private soldier.

Our veterans and serving armed forces are in desperate need of a show
of support from Parliament! Please demonstrate your support by signing
EDMs 356 and 375.

Thank you.

John Cooper

Name and address supplied

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/

Post My Billy Doo to Ronnie 
Bill Blyth wrote:

I have dropped Ronnie a line, Bill. I reminded him that he signed Mike Weir's PJM EDMs last year:

13/12/2006 22:51
To: ronniecampbellmp@btconnect.com, Campbellr@parliament.uk
cc

Subject: Don Touhig's EDM 356 and Michael Mates EDM 375 - Pingat Jasa Malaysia

Dear Mr Campbell,

I and British Far East veterans in your constituency are still fighting the HD Committee for the right to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia.

Last year you kindly supported us by signing Mike Weir's EDM making the case for the PJM.

As a result of your support, the Malaysian medal is now receivable by Commonwealth forces who fought in Malaya/Borneo, but the HD Committee has stopped British veterans (and only the Brits!) from wearing the medal they earned.

I am writing to ask you if you would continue your support by signing either of (or, better, both!) Don Touhig's EDM 356 and Michael Mates' EDM 375 which support our case. They are receiving tremendous support with over 100 MPs already signed up who add to support from our two VC supporters and many distinguished men from all ranks of the armed forces from Field Marshal to Private soldier.

Our veterans and serving armed forces are in desperate need of a show of support from Parliament! Please demonstrate your support by signing EDMs 356 and 375.

Thank you.

Barry

Barry Fleming
Stockbridge Cottage
Inkpen Common
Inkpen, Hungerford
RG17 9QP

T: 01488 668 100
Emailto: barry@fight4thePJM.org

Fighting for the Right to Wear the PJM at
http://www.fight4thePJM.org
"Pingat Kami - Hak Kami"

Post AS Billy Doo to John Gummer 
John Cooper wrote:
I have just sent this email to both John Gummer

John,

I emailed John Gummer yesterday to ask for his support and reminding him of the support he gave us last year (he signed all three EDMs in 2005):

13/12/2006 23:22
To: gummerj@parliament.uk
cc

Subject: Don Touhig's EDM 356 and Michael Mates EDM 375 - Pingat Jasa Malaysia

Dear Mr Gummer,

I and British Far East veterans in your constituency are still fighting the HD Committee for the right to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia.

Last year you kindly supported us by signing Jeffery Donaldson's, Mike Weir's and David Mundell's EDMs making the case for the PJM.

As a result of your support, the Malaysian medal is now receivable by Commonwealth forces who fought in Malaya/Borneo, but the HD Committee has stopped British veterans (and only the Brits!) from wearing the medal they earned.

I am writing to ask you if you would continue your support by signing either of (or, better, both!) Don Touhig's EDM 356 and Michael Mates' EDM 375 which support our case. They are receiving tremendous support with over 100 MPs already signed up who add to support from our two VC supporters and many distinguished men from all ranks of the armed forces from Field Marshal to Private soldier.

Our veterans and serving armed forces are in desperate need of a show of support from Parliament! Please demonstrate your support by signing EDMs 356 and 375.

Thank you.

Barry

Barry Fleming
Stockbridge Cottage
Inkpen Common
Inkpen, Hungerford
RG17 9QP

T: 01488 668 100
Emailto: barry@fight4thePJM.org

Fighting for the Right to Wear the PJM at
http://www.fight4thePJM.org
"Pingat Kami - Hak Kami"

Rgds Ray

Barry it looks like my MP Ronnie Campbell has signed up his name is on the list support the PJM marked ALL. Bill

Barry it looks like my MP Ronnie Campbell has signed up his name is on the list support the PJM marked ALL. Bill

Bill, Ronnie C is on the All List because he signed Mike Weir's EDM last October (2005). Following your lobbying I hope he will do the 'honours' this year. My Billy Doo was just a small nudge for him.

Barry

I have e-mailed the following MP's in the Newcastle and surrounding areas....
Stephen Byers.
Jim Cousins.
David Clelland.
Sharon Hodgson.
David Miliband.
Alan Campbell.
I took the liberty of copying an existing letter already on the forum.
Bill Blyth..

Well done Bill.....always feel free to copy and paste if it suits you....

Post To all Westminster MP's 
By email to all MP's
==================

Dear Member of Parliament,

It would seem self evident, by now, that you will have heard something of the controversy surrounding the disgraceful treatment accorded Britain's Malay/Borneo veterans... a controversy, generated by the HD Committee's absurd conclusion, which prevents the aforementioned veterans, now all senior citizens, from wearing the honour conferred upon them by a grateful Malaysian nation.

Despite the fact of their advancing years, let no-one doubt that these veterans have NOT forgotten how to fight. They are currently organized, at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/ with the avowed intention of reversing this flawed decision, which has been reached by clandestine, undemocratic and arbitrary manipulation of an anachronistic, Imperial Honours system.

Many MP's have already indicated their firm support for this cause, as evidenced by the large number of signatures applied to EDM's 356 & 375, initiated by Don Touhig MP and Michael Mates MP respectively. The following question is posed to the remainder of the House, as yet silent on the issue:

Couldn't you take just a moment of your valuable time to browse this site and gauge for yourself the validity of the cause and the depth of feeling therein expressed...then consider adding your name to both of these EDM's?

No matter whence your voter support emanates, it is very safe to assume that there are affected citizens resident within the boundaries of your constituency.

You'll be hearing more and more of this, I guarantee!

John 'Jock' Fenton
(ex Royal Corps of Signals & 17th Gurkha Division, Malaya)
Address supplied

Post To all MPs 
Superb letter Jock - the more we keep at 'em the worse it should make them feel. Tony

Post Emailing MPs 
I don't know if this is common knowledg - but I'll publish it anyway...............

I emailed almost all MP's today, and just received the following from Don Touhig.

"Thank you for your email. You may have seen my EDM 356. I have again this week emailed all MPs asking them to sign it. My successor but one as Veterans Minister, Derek Twigg, MP, has written to the honours committee in a very helpful way broadly supporting the theme of my EDM.

Best wishes.

Yours sincerely,

Don Touhig

Great eh - Tony

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next