Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 11 of 16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Don Touhig has tabled a PJM EDM!
Post Re: The EDMs continue to attract more support!! 
George F wrote:
This result is the best Xmas box I have ever had since my dad bought me my first bike at 10 year old.

Did he let you ride it, George?!? Very Happy

We have our 'bike', the PJM, but we're not allowed to take it into the street! Yet! Evil or Very Mad

Barry

Post Don Touhig's EDM 
Well folks, it took two weeks of persistance, three e-mails, some of which went missing again (allegedly) and a phone call, but tonight I received the following on behalf of Hugh Bayley (City of York MP-Labour)) :-

"Thank you for your further email. I don't remember receiving your previous one. However, Hugh has now signed the Early Day Motion and it should appear on the Early Day Motion site in the next few days.

Best wishes,

Office Manager - Hugh Bayley MP ".

I could continue to argue the points, with evidence to match, but hey, who cares.

Thank you Mr. Bayley for your support

Last edited by Semengo13 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kuching.
Post A Debate 
What we need now is to get one of our MP's to ask a question about this at the next defence questions in the House and spark a debate! Even better would be a question of teflon at PM's questions!!! What about it Don?

John

Post Re: Don Touhig's EDM 
Semengo13 wrote:
Well folks, it took two weeks of persistance, three e-mails, some of which went missing again (allegedly) and a phone call, but tonight I received the following on behalf of Hugh Bayley (City of York MP-Labour)) :-

Fantastic, John! Brilliant and persistent lobbying!

Thank you,

Barry

Post Don Touhig's EDM 
And thank you Barry, and all the "committee" for your constant work and motivation, and thanks to every member of this Band of Men and Women............who will move mountains with their resolve, determination and will to right this injustice.

I feel privilged to be part of it.

John

(Right, now what can we do next.............) Wink

Kuching.
Post Tim Boswell MP 
Do you live in Northants?
Is Tim Boswell your MP?

IF SO, a letter or a email from you might help him change his mind about signing EDMs.
It seems he is a little shy in doing so.

Remind him his job is to represent YOU.

Post Celia Barlow supports us 
I have emailed/written to all MPs asking for their support for The Don's EDM 356 and Michael Mates EDM 375.

Many MPs do not sign EDMs - or cannot sign them. But many take the trouble to reply and express their support. Here is one from Celia Barlow MP. Great letter ... and of some significance as she can't sign because she is PPS to the one and only Ian Pearson - he who issued the PJM Ministerial Statement. So we now have someone "on the inside" as it were, beavering away for us.

Thanks Celia.

Barry

PS Don't forget to go to Celia's web site to read about Keiton Knight's difficult situation. The link is on our Links Page at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/links.htm. Thanks.

Celia's letter to me. We need more MPs like her - no matter which party they are in.

Last edited by BarryF on Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Don's EDM is now in 15th. place out of 513 EDM's entered this year to date. Not half bad when you consider the gradient of the hill we had to climb in the first place.

John Wink

Post Dundee East. 

My pal, Jim Cox from Dundee, met Alex Salmond MP at a meeting in Dundee recently and tabled a question about the Pingat Jasa Malaysia and why we were not allowed to wear it. Alex Salmond MP answered his question at the meeting saying that he and his team at Westminster support our fight to wear the PJM. Later he received the above letter from Stewart Hosie MP, Dundee East. Thanks to Jim Cox for his support way up there in Dundee.

Post Re: Dundee East. 
mcdangle wrote:

My pal, Jim Cox from Dundee, met Alex Salmond MP at a meeting in Dundee recently and tabled a question about the Pingat Jasa Malaysia and why we were not allowed to wear it. Alex Salmond MP answered his question at the meeting saying that he and his team at Westminster support our fight to wear the PJM. Later he received the above letter from Stewart Hosie MP, Dundee East. Thanks to Jim Cox for his support way up there in Dundee.

.............but received a somewhat unfavourable response

Andy would this be a response from Ms Beckett I wonder, because if it was then this is the first communication with MB since her appointment (to my knowledge)...........

mcdangle wrote:

I'll second that, Andy. Our thanks to Jim Cox and Alex Salmond and Stewart and to all members of the SNP for their stalwart support that started early in 2005 and continues through these difficult days.

One day, and I hope one day soon, their support will be vindicated. I for one will not give up on our just case - or on our supporters.

And I know you are of similar mind, Andy.

This is great stuff from Scotland.

Barry

John Cooper wrote:
.............but received a somewhat unfavourable response

Andy would this be a response from Ms Beckett I wonder, because if it was then this is the first communication with MB since her appointment (to my knowledge)...........

JohnC,

I don't know whether that remark was from Margaret Beckett or Jack Straw - either way, it was actually drafed by none other than one Christopher Edge, ex-Honours Secretary. He pumped out standard responses willy-nilly, never ever taking the trouble to fully inform MPs via his letters. Eventually, and very grudgingly, he did refer to our case being 'considered'. Anyway he has gone.

Another stalwart from Scotland, the Rt Hon Menzies Campbell QC MP, did eventually elicit a reply from Maggie (I have a copy of the letter). Her letter would have been drafted by Edgey and he repeats the usual garbage (but in short form) but adds that Mrs B was hoping to have a response from the HD Committee about our case by the end of November. Hmmm. Wrong again, Edgey - you couldn't even achieve that target for your Head of Department.

The Honours System is in such disarray that it has taken three Departments ten months to fail to come up with the right answer - and it wasn't even multiple guess stuff! An answer that any right-minded person would have twigged in a nanosecond. But we're talking about a hatful of 'suits' here ...

John Cooper wrote:
mcdangle wrote:

[color=blue].............but received a somewhat unfavourable response[/color

I really don't know, John. He says in his letter he wrote to the Foreign Secretary but who answered him I have no idea. I will give him a call later in the week.

Post Dawn Primarolo MP 
During my lobbying of MPs regarding the EDMs, I wrote to Dawn. Despite the fact that I do not live in her constituency and, despite having a busy job as a Government Minister (Paymaster General) she had the courtesy to reply.

She would like everyone to know of the reason why she cannot sign an EDM. And any PJMer living in her constitiuency is invited to contact her about the PJM issue.

Post Re: Dawn Primarolo MP 
I almost missed a trick there. Here is my email reply:

Barry Fleming/BAFleming
18/12/2006 15:19
To: primarolod@parliament.uk

Subject: Pingat Jasa Malaysia EDMs

Your reference: DP/MH/FLEM01001/01060446

Dear Dawn Primarolo,

Thank you for your letter dated 12 December explaining why you cannot sign EDMs, including Don Touhig's.

We at Fight4thePJM fully understand your position and we have promulgated the information on our web site, underlining your invitation to any constituents to contact you if they have concerns. We very much hope that you will be sympathetic to our case when addressing those concerns which affect both men and women, and too high a number of widows.

I know you are into Taxation matters, not Exchequer issues, but I thought you'd like to know that our case will not cost the country anything. The Malaysians are funding the medal which they have presented to us - we just seek the Queen's permission to wear it (such permission is currently withheld from British citizens while having been given to all other Commonwealth Forces).

Thank you for the courtesy of your reply.

Barry
- - - - - - - - - - -
Barry Fleming
Stockbridge Cottage
Inkpen Common
RG17 9QP

T: 01488 668 100
W: http://www.fight4thePJM.org
E: mailto:barry@fight4thePJM.org

Reply to topic Page 11 of 16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next