Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
New Medal
Post New Medal 
I am reading a book on the Indonesian Confrontation in which many of us were involved. I came across this gem which I thought you might like – it’s sort of topical !

“At the close of the operations, [to suppress the revolt in Brunei] the units of 3 Cdo Bde received a signal from Capt S.R. Pringle RM, the Assistant Brigade Signals Officer, and Lt E.J. Oatley RM. This announced the intitution of a medal for the campaign, and inattentive recipients must have reached Para Three before their suspicions were fully aroused as to the signal’s status ::

THREE. The face side of the Borneo Medal bears an engraving of the profile of the King of Denmark, and the reverse side, an engraved message from grateful people of Copenhagen, Denmark Capital city and site of the Export bottling factory of Carlsberg Lager. The ribbon will be bloodshot red with pink elephants and little green rats skilfully engraved upon it. The medals will be issued by Kellogs Ltd. Who will enclose them with a balloon and sheriff’s star in their cornflake packets”

Good old British Military humour - can't be beaten.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1