Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Northern Ireland celebrates its PJM presentation ..
Post Northern Ireland celebrates its PJM presentation .. 
Thomas Weir has very kindly sent us these three images.

It was a proud moment for all!

From the Lisburn Star:

From www.lisburntoday.co.uk:

and another:

Do those Veterans from the South have Permission to wear the PJM from their Government?

Post Veterans from other countries 
On a similar note, does anyone know if the Fijians and the Ghurkas were awarded the PJM, and, if so, are they permitted to wear them? In the case of the Ghurkas, it would be interesting to hear our civil servant's response to seeing a PJM alongside British medals !

Tony Davies

Post Re: Veterans from other countries 
Kentsboro wrote:
On a similar note, does anyone know if the Fijians and the Ghurkas were awarded the PJM, and, if so, are they permitted to wear them? In the case of the Ghurkas, it would be interesting to hear our civil servant's response to seeing a PJM alongside British medals !

Tony Davies

The United Kingdom is the only country in the world (according to the FCO files) that restricts its citizens from accepting or wearing foreign awards.
Anyone who is not a UK citizen and is eligible for the PJM can accept and wear it without asking the permission of Her Majesty the Queen.
The original Written Ministerial Statement submitted to the government (by placing it in the library for the information of any government minister who wants to know about it) by Ian Pearson MP refers to those eligible for the PJM that Her Majesty the Queen most graciously gave exceptional permission to accept are referred to as BRITISH CITIZENS and former members of the Armed Forces so this document completely destroys Brengun's latest ploy that we were all classed as Crown Servants or are now retired Crown Servants. Oh No we are not Mr. Brennan, you and the Honours and Decorations Committee have publicly admitted on documentation submitted to government ministers (the House of Commons library), that those who were given permission from Her Majesty the Queen to accept the PJM were UK Citizens.
So now we have the London Gazette of 3rd. May, 1968, which confirms Her Majesty the Queen gave permission for the unrestricted wear of a foreign award which She had given permission to accept.

The question of whether or not the PJM can be worn is now down to eight unelected members of the Civil Service who refuse to admit the truth that Her Majesty the Queen was only recommeded by the HD Committee to exceptionally allow the acceptance of the PJM and as it did not request the wearing of this foreign award, they said permission was not given to wear it.
The have made such a mess of this PJM award, the cash for Honours situation, and the recommending of fraudulent MBE applicants to Her Majesty the Queen, that they must now be declared unfit for purpose.

Post Re: Veterans from other countries 
mcdangle wrote:
They have made such a mess of this PJM award, the cash for Honours situation, and the recommending of fraudulent MBE applicants to Her Majesty the Queen, that they must now be declared unfit for purpose.

I hereby duly declare that they are unfit for purpose.

Mr John Feltham
(No longer a servant of HM The Queen).

Rgds Ray

Post Authority to WEAR PJM 
Macdangle wrote "it is now down to eight unelected civil servants..."

Personally, I think it is down to The Rt Hon Gordon Brown, I appreciate his
championing of Veterans Causes, but we do now need definite action as regards the PJM.
I think, too, that Derek Twigg MP Minister for Veterans, who once, I believe, said that he
understood the case that the Civil Servant advisers had posited, should now look at the
new evidence and order that permission to "wear formally" is granted at once, on the
grounds that the previous regulations (1969) under which permission was incorrectly denied
are defunct and superseded by the 2005 Regulations, the London Gazette (5057) dated
3 May 1968 and the extract from JSP 761 which lays down the conditions which govern persons
who are no longer serving. I think too, that the Rt Hon Des Brown, who will be attending the
Merderka Celebrations, should now condsider whether the advice he may have previously
received based on superseded regulations is safe and accurate in view of the LG and JSP716
which are new and currently extant. He is open to criticism and embarrassment if this nonesense
about defunct regulations is not resolved by formal permission to wear by veterans attending these
events.

I would say this: Advisers are not infallible; advisers merely offer advice there is no compulsion to accept it.
Advice can be rejected if needs dictate.

BE CERTAIN that the "IS NOT POLICED" invitation to wear the PJM is a NON-STARTER! I have my
own PJM mounted and have worn it to a recent event vide the REAL conditions laid down in the London
Gazette and JSP761 which I regard as the REAL AUTHORITY from the "font of all honours"!

David

Post Ian Bruce's article... Daily Herald 
See the article at the attached link.....also see comments added....don't be shy to provide you own opinions lads...

http://www.theherald.co.uk/politics/news/display.var.1359218.0.0.php

Reply letter to 'The Herald' on behalf off Veterans.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/letters/display.var.1363292.0.0.php

Post Ireland Presentation 
The PJM Presentation Ceremony on 14th April 2007 at Lisburn has been reported in a full page article in the latest edition of the monthly magazine "Britain at War". Issue 4 August 2007. It can be found in the "Briefing Room" section. The author is James Scannell.

In the same Edition (available at W.H.Smith and all good newsagents) is an feature entitled "The Ramree Massacre", of interest to anyone researching the Burma Campaign.
See www.britain-at-war-magazine.com

MIKE OSTLER
Ex RAF

Post PJM 
I was at the presentation at Berwick on sat 28 July. It was also The KOSB Minden Day parade so we had a fantastic turn out.
After the presentation we marched through the streets of Berwick many wearing the PJM with pride.

Post PJM 
Like Bill Blythe I also attended the KOSB Minden Day parade at Berwick upon Tweed on Saturday, 28th. July, 2007. It was said at the time that 220 were on parade with the salute taken by Brigadier A.C. Jackson, President of the KOSB Association. The PJM's were awarded to about 150 veterans by Colonel Md. Tajri Alwi, of the Malaysian High Commission, London.
Many PJM's were worn by those on parade, and Bill's photograph shows some of them.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1