Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
FCO
Post FCO 
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office website has advertised a one day seminar on 17th. October, 2007, entitled

WHITEHALL AND THE SLAVE TRADE; an enduring commitment to Human Rights.

Why are they so committed to Human Rights as far as they relate to the slave trade which happened well before the Human Rights Act; which happened all these years ago, and the biggest players in it were the Africans who rounded up the slaves in the first place. Perhaps it is because the slave trade happened all these years ago and they can do nothing about it now that it is history.

Yet when it comes to present day Human Rights when British citizens are being discriminated against by the state (including the FCO) in connection with the non-wear - part time wear- and again non-wear of the PJM, their enduring commitment to Human Rights seems to be not so lasting.

Post FCO and slavery. 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
I beg your pardon............................................?

John

I give up.

So Ebagum is not a tyrant.

Nuff said, said Phredd

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
[quote="jireland"]I beg your pardon............................................?

John[/quote] THE BEIRA PATROL RHODESIA/ZIMBABWE

SORRY JOHN ,JUST A PLAY ON WORDs,BIT LIKE SPIKE MILLIGAN,A .HITLER MY PART IN HIS DOWNFALL. IF YOU GO BACK IN TIME.IAN SMITH PRIME MINISTER OF RHODESIA,ANNOUNCED U.D.I. A UNILATERAL DECLARATION OF INDEPENDCE. TO BREAK AWAY FROM UK AS THE 'COLONIAL' POWER,THE GOV OF THE DAY,BASICALLY SAID OH NO YOU 'KIN DON'T OLE SON,AND A ECONOMIC BLOCKADE WAS ENFORCED TO THE PORT OF BEIRA,ON OIL TANKERS ETC,ETC, BY THE ROYAL NAVY AS RHODESIA/ZIMBABWE IS LAND LOCKED,SO ALL OIL HAD TO GO VIA THAT LINK BY PIPELINE.THE INTENTION BEING TO BRING SMITHY BACK IN LINE.THE RESOURCES DEPLOYED WHERE HUGE,ONE FRIGATE/DESTROYER ON STATION,ANOTHER HAVING LEFT,ANOTHER ON ITS WAY,REFITS ETC ,IT TIED DOWN A LOT OF KIT,AND FAILED,COS BASICALLY THE OIL CAME IN FROM 'OTHERS'.THE FOREIGN OFFICE OF THE DAY,THEN WENT FOR INDEPENDANCE AND REGIME CHANGE,AND ACTIVELY SUPPORTED A LIKEABLE CHAP CALLED ROBERT MUGABE! MY INTENTION WAS TO HIGHLIGHT ANOTHER Rolling Eyes F.C.O. SUCCESS Shocked .IN THE R.N. MUSEUM AT PORTSMOUTH THERE IS A TROPHY,THAT WAS PLAYED FOR BETWEEN RELIEVING SHIPS ON STATION,THIS IS THE BEIRA BUCKET,YEP THE PRIZE WAS AN OLD BEAT UP ,AND PAINTED GALVANIZED BUCKET,IT WASN'T ON DISPLAY WHEN I WENT TO THE MUSEUM,BUT I EXPLAINED,AND THEY WERE ONLY TOO HAPPY TO TAKE BEHIND THE SCENE'S TO SEE & HOLD THIS PIECE OF JUNK/HISTORY FROM ALL THOSE YEARS AGO,I HOPE THAT EXPLAINS AND WOULD BE INTERESTED IN YOUR COMMENTS,YOU MIGHT EVEN GET SOMETHING IF YOU 'GOOGLE' BEIRA BUCKET,IN THE MEANTIME FANS/ MATE'S/SHIPMATES TAKE IT EASY,AND PLEASE PLEASE,DON'T WALK AROUND WITH CHAIR LEGS,I'D HATE TO LOSE YOU AFTER COMING SO FAR,CHEERO.

Post Rhodesia. 
Yes Pete, while you were on the Beira patrol to stop oil getting into Rhodesia vehicular oil tankers disguised as pantechnicons were running oil into Rhodesia from South Africa daily. We were a bit short of petrol for the first few weeks of the embargo but after that there was no shortage.

Having lived under UDI and having experienced through the fight4thepjm the lies, deceit and downright petulance of senior Civil Serpents who will go to any lengths just to stop veterans from wearing an honourable foreign award while practising nepotism by awarding themselves foreign awards and ignoring the long standing rules and principles, I am hesitant to believe everything which the BBC broadcasts about present day Zimbabwe. Yes, they may be experiencing great difficulties in their every day lives and their present ruler may be a dictator but did you notice that they always seem to broadcast the same 'empty supermarket' photograph. I just wonder.

Anyway on bbc.co.uk there is a section to-day David Milliband - do you wish to put any questions to the Foreign Secretary. Lets go for it!!!
Andy.

Did you know that a famous County Regiment serving in Hong Kong was addressed by it's Colonel at the time and was informed that it was on stand by to go to Rhodesia as it was then, to help break the insurrection. He asked them 'would you be prepared to open fire on the white population if so ordered ' and he was greeted with a resounding 'NO'. He was shortly replaced and the regiment never went to Rhodesia and nor did any other. I wonder why?

I was on duty at Lancaster House for the peace talks and Robert Mugabe came in without his pass, an 18 year old WRAC Provost asked him for his pass and he hit her knocking her to the ground shouting 'my face is my pass'. I was stopped from hitting him by our Sergeant, perhaps he was right to do so but at the time I certainly did not think so. We also had a 'suicide' there. A white Rhodesian jumped from the top floor and landed in the basement foot well. Did he fall or was he pushed? that question was never satisfactorily answered at the time and I still wonder about it.

John

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1