Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 8 of 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
UPDATE ON THE WEARING OF THE PJM
Post from the Cabinet Office 
Good day all.

On the 30 March 2008 I took it into my head to write a polite letter to Sir Gus O'Donnell and received this letter today 10 May 2008.
These platitudes seem to come easy from Whitehall. >>>

Seems to be no change in the reply. We shall wait and see, shall we?

Is this a standard letter that they send out to all ??

Phredd

Post Re: from the Cabinet Office 
phredd wrote:
Good day all.

On the 30 March 2008 I took it into my head to write a polite letter to Sir Gus O'Donnell and received this letter today 10 May 2008.
These platitudes seem to come easy from Whitehall. >>>
Phredd

I am gobsmacked. What a load of old cobblers.

Do they pull this load of bovine excreta out of a hat?

Same old same old eh?

My reply from good old Gus, you don't think that they confered on the reply, do you ???
Mind you, my date is different and I have an 'l' in reply on the last line
However, to be honest, I don't remember writing to him personaly, in the first place. So either someone is writing in my name or everyone who has ever written, emailed or phoned over the last couple of years has their name thrown into a hat and it's my turn to have mine pulled out.

Owen

Post TRIPE ANYONE? 
Phredd,

Seems like Sir G.O.D. finds we are too far down the food chain to answer personally or put his moniker on a letter. Mind you after reading it one knows just why he is delegating this piece of fantasy dressed up to look like a reasonable reply from the civil service head to a member of the tax-paying public.

Perhaps you could write to Mr. Cameron Smith and ask him -

1. He says Her Majesty most graciously approved the recommendation……….Ask him on what information available to him does he base this statement. Has he seen a document stating that Her Majesty on a certain date most graciously approved the recommendation or is he quoting something he has been told as there are no records available to show that Her Majesty most graciously approved the HD Committee recommendations.

2. what other groups of British citizens is he referring to that have been refused permission to wear a foreign medal since the International Rule was abolished in 1969 and can he name these groups. The FCO cannot produce any documentation or information to show that other British citizens have been refused permission to wear a foreign award between 1969 and when the PJM was accepted.

3. Until 21st. November, 2005, when Jack Straw MP deposited reviewed rules in the house library, the rules or UK guidance from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, were the 1969 Regulations which had been signed and approved by Her Majesty the Queen. The rules in 2005 were introduced eight months after the PJM was offered to the British government so are retrospective and not legal.

The guidance at that time from the FCO was that British citizens who were allowed by Her Majesty the Queen to accept a foreign award could wear it without restriction. The refusal to wear was clearly recorded as referring to those in crown service.

What FCO guidance is Mr. Cameron Smith referring to in his letter.

4. He states when referring to the PJM ‘medals of that sort’. This is a very derogatory term to use against an honourable award from the Yang de Pertuan Agong of Malaysia and he should be asked to withdraw such an indiscreet term.

I have received exactly the same letters as Phredd and Owen, I intend replying later

As someone says same diatribe, different day, a bit like London Buses really I received not one, not two but three letters on the same day from the same office, more later.

McD is right in what he says, no monicker from Monica, The LG says it all and I have it in writing from The LG themselves this June 68 statement is cast in stone! .........and further I have it in writing I am not a Crown Servant, that is from The MoD.

So from the Cabinet Office/MoD and CO point of view instead of 'eft 'oight, 'eft 'oight, 'eft 'eft 'eft it is a continouous 'eft, 'eft' eft, 'eft 'eft, aren't these people pathetic? It is just like Tick, tock, tick tock, tick bloody tock, I'll bet they go home cto memsahib where she says 'had a good day at the office dear' and he replies ' Yes Mem I have been telling Porkies all day today but then I'm being told I have to'

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry to have to be the odd man out but I got a different reply but still an equally load of old bollo and of course, the enclosure was not enclosed! funny that.

It is quite incredible that the replies received by different people have managed to encompass all the old nonesense which has been our lot to receive over three years from DB. Elleri, Abby et al, not forgetting the letter I received from Mr R.T.Coney which told me that although" You and your colleagues bravely...... are still Crown Servants...etc", and I note repeated again by Mr Cameron. I believe I could guess, accurately, who was asked to brief G.O.D/Cameron; He must have thought "Christmas had come early". I never believed that we would get a fair hearing from Sir Gus, who having invoked the Civil Service Code (though leaving out accountability) probably believes that all his Civil Servants, including the Mandarins adhere strictly to this code. Thereby hangs the tale - The Westminister Village is like one big club whose membership stick together and close ranks when the occasion arises. As one report has said; until such time as a "Civil Service Act" is passed by Parliament, giving Parliament the last word where controversy is apparent, the feeling that we are being governed by unelected Civil Service Quangos will remain and reduce the credibility of Government itself.

The success of the 10 Minute Rule Debate, and hopefully a proper Parliamentary Debate in the near future is a must; objections by the civil service to make them accountable by an Act of Parliament must be ignored, particularly as they are likely to be based on "cooked up" arguments to suit the occasion, as the have done in the last three years of their conspiracy against the PJM.

Mr Cameron stated that he was asked to reply on behalf of Sir Gus; I wonder who asked him, and who briefed him (as if we can't guess).

David

PS; An after thought. It has occured to me that if Parliament eventually overule the Civil Servants over their PJM decision, they will probably complain that "We Wuz Robbed"!

Heads on Pike Staffs along London Bridge I say..............

I was not a Crown Servant when the Medal was confered and that is what those idiots in Whitehall keep missing.
We at fight4thepjm have a copy of every single sheet of paper from that FCO file and I am convinced that we can wear the PJM.
I did not pin my PJM on until that LG Notice came to light now it stays on.
I think the suits did not know about the LG Notice and buggered up their so called reconmendation to the Queen.

So I say again to those suits at the FCO, MoD and the Cabinet Office, if you were not a Crown Servant when the PJM was confered you can wear the PJM. If anyone of you in Whitehall disagree with this statement then I challenged you to sit down round a table with us and discuss it.
I bet you will decline this offer because you know you will loose.

I forwarded this to The Head Honcho in The Cabinet Office on May 2nd after a similar letter last year, I received a reply from a minion yesterday that they have nothing further to add as per a previous CO statement, they are obviously lost for words

Mr Denis Brennan
Ceremonial Secretariat

Dear Mr Brennan

As under I am requesting you give me permission to officially wear The Pingat Jasa Malaysia, I can confirm that I am not a Crown Servant and your departmental letters to me have stated that The Queen signed a document barring myself [and others] from wearing this medal. There is no such signature or initials from HM The Queen

Yours sincerely

John Cooper

Mr Denis Brennan
Honours Secretariat

Dear Mr Brennan

I respectfully request you to authorise me the right to wear The Pingat Jasa Malaysia unrestricted as per The London Gazette announcement of the 3rd May 1968, I can confirm I am not a Civil Servant or a Servant of The Crown

Yours sincerely

John Cooper

cc Sir Michael Lord MP

Post Head in sand principae 
It goes without saying, that, any organisation which refuses to be held accountable for it's decisions and actions, lacks any credibility.

They rely on internal enquiry to resolve matters to 'their' satisfaction, rather than have an independent investigation... funny that.

The crux of the matter is such, that no organisation being members of a public body, should be allowed to have an internal enquiry... then close the case as a done deal. It is highly suspect... a case of keeping the skeletons well and truly in the cupboard.

Till any civil serpent stands up and has the honesty and integrity to 'whistle blow' on this shameful affair, I shall treat all with the contempt they so richly deserve.

Henceforth from this date, all letters derived from the Government will be close...

your (dis)obedient servant

Don't you just love it

Arthur R-S

I have posted this in reply to my letter from G.O.D. or his minion Smith
John

This way to the Tower!

I have posted this in reply to my letter from G.O.D. or his minion Smith
John

This way to the Tower!

Wonderful stuff, John.

If anyone at No 10 wants to know why they will lose the next election, they need only read your reply and understand the background behind it. The day this Government abrogated its responsibilities to the people and in order to ingratiate itself with the deceitful civil servants was the day they lost the right to govern.

Barry

THAT, AS IT IS SAID, HITS THE NAIL RIGHT SMACK BANG ON THE HEAD. Good letter. Dave.

Reply to topic Page 8 of 14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next