Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Civil Service.
Post Civil Service. 
The following is a recent report about the British Civil Service. Now you can see that it is not only us at the F4 who think they are incompetent and should be knocked into shape.

In August, 2006, the IPPC said - 'the Civil Service will never achieve consistently high performance without external public accountability and effective performance management.

Now read what the BBC says about them -

Post CS Unfit for purpose! 
Twisted Evil I was thinking of the shower we deal with.

I repeat this from a post of mine from Defence in Crisis - More MOD nonesense of 21 July 07 9.03am (also s reply to a BBC article)

I think that the Prime Minister should stop sacking or moving his Ministers and start sacking the civil servants (so called advisers) and so relieve the Ministers from the shackles of their civil service captors! Of course, the first division Civil Servants may go on strike or cause a fuss, after which, when their absence is seen to be advantageous, they might not be recalled and perhaps some worthy people of integrity might fill these places ! ................................... Yeah! In yer dreams!

Mind you, nothing seems to have happened in he last twelve months.

I think that the Prime Minister should stop sacking or moving his Ministers and start sacking the civil servants (so called advisers)......AND, HM should do the same !!

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Civil Servants 
I have just read an extract from Gen Sir Mike Jackson's memoirs, and it seems we are not the only ones with problems with civil servants, this is what he says -

"The Ministry of Defence is an extraordinary place. It has two distinct roles. One is as a department of state handling the policy issues. But it's also the supreme headquarters of the Armed Forces.

Half a century back, each of the Services had its own department and its own minister, with a Secretary of State for Defence above them all. But since then the bureaucrats have increasingly accumulated power in their own hands.

I didn't always find the MoD wholehearted about soldiers' interests. I was constantly battling the civil servants, and it was often very frustrating. I'd come back from a visit and say, "We've got to do something about the state of those barracks", but it was like trying to fight your way through cotton wool."

Post Worse still 
. . . . . . . . . . . and it gets worse -

"A soldier's approach is very straightforward: this is the problem, all right, give me the tools and let's crack on. But bureaucrats are not like that at all.

Take the decision to spend £250,000 on specially commissioned abstract paintings as part of the refurbishment of the Ministry of Defence. The Government art collection has many military paintings which would have been in keeping with the purpose and ethos of the department and which would have been available at no cost; but civil servants preferred to spend on abstract art money which might otherwise have directly benefited soldiers and their families."

I feel quite ill when I read this kind of outrageous behaviour. How in the name of all that is sacred are these people allowed to get away with it ?

How indeed Kentsboro. You can only blame those who allow them to get away with it. Elected Members of Parliament. Seems they are more scared of the Civil Servants than the Armed Forces.

(Bag packed and waiting at the door for imminent arrest under Section 27 (c) "thou shall not criticize those who ((allegedly))know better) Rolling Eyes

Kuching.
Post Art in Government. 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Civil Serpents 
If we had sent a battalian of civil serpents to Afganistan and Iraq, the Taliban and insurgent Iraqis wouldn't have stood a chance, they'd be so confused, they'd throw down their weapons and gone home crying. So don't sack the serpents, send them where they can do most good-------------on the front line. regards, Lofty.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1