Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
SOME GOOD NEWS FOR OUR PRESENT TROOPS ABROAD.

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Likewise, I to can remember when Matrons done the job and done it 100% better than Management today for far less money.

And the one at the top got this for her incompetence and lack of Duty of Care >>>>>

Quote:
According to the trust's annual accounts, Ms Gibb was paid around £150,000 in salary in 2006/07, £5,000 in benefits and around £12,500 in pension

£12500 per month is not a bad wage for doing nowt. And a monthly pension over twice as much as mine.
No bl00dy wonder the NHS is strapped for funds.

Phredd

Post Golden Hand-shake suspended. 
I attach the latest up date from BBC Online news.

The continuing BBC 24 hours newscast states, in fact, that it is suspended pending legal advice. I'm not confident
that anyone will be held responsibile, the Police are investigating, presumably with a view to preferring charges, but how refreshing it would be if those engaged in Government service/appointments, NHS, Civil Servants, and others would at long last be held accountable for their actions or omissions.

Published: 2007/10/11 15:37:39 GMT

"The trust said it had not been prepared for "an outbreak of the size and complexity" but had learned lessons **&^^%$!""/

Question! DID IT HAPPEN OVER NIGHT?

This was the second such outbreak at this hospital, so the answer would be NO !

Post C.difficile 
Fred,

Answered correctly - NO, it didn't happen overnight. Page 2 of the BBC report "the watchdog examined a sample of 50 patients out of a total of 345 to whom various causes of death had been attributed, but who were also known to have had C. difficile, between April 2004 and September 2006.. It concluded that C.difficile - a bacterial infection of the gut, which mainly affects the elderly - was definately or probably that main cause of death for 90 patients.
It was definately a contributing factor in the deaths of a further 124, and a probable factor in another 55".
Are we looking at a possible 270 deaths including definites, probables and possibles in about 2 and 1/2 years? Or have I slipped up in my accounting?

I think that this issue is analagous to the PJM issue in so far as it illustrates the ever increasing distance between what are real issues and needs of those that these Quangos - whether Civil Service , NHS, or whatever, are meant to serve against the academic, crystal ball gazing of these advisers, guessers and planners, experts and hangers on, and I make no apology for saying this, the always, at least 5/6 non-executive directors at £5,000-00 + exes, or more a year, people (and I admit my ignorance, here) whose contribution is I know not what.

Why in a period of OVER 2 YEARS, did no one in the administrative hierarchy catch on that things were not right, did they ignore the pleas of the Nursing staff, and indeed was the Senior Nurse aware of the state of affairs.

Does the Head of The Civil Service know what Brennan et al have been up to for nearly three years?

Do the Bosses have complete trust in their staff(s), or is it a matter of what they don't know (hopefully) the won't get involved in - in this case until it is too late and hopefully this too will apply to the s*its (usual option of 'u' or 'h') we have dealt with.

David

Yes, I would also like to have seen a greater involvement of the elected local MP's for Maidstone and Tonbridge, is that not why they were elected?

For once I agree with Fred! The local MP's have been derelict in their duties to their constituents and should be severly censured irrespective of which political party they belong to.

John
of the tent of the Great Khan

Post Liverpool Daily Post front page. 
Mersey Troops >>>>>

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100regionalnews/tm_headline=mersey-troops-denied-fresh-rations%26method=full%26objectid=19940216%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

Will Mr Jack and his merry Omeba's put them on Bread & Water next while they sit in Dowing Street getting fatter ?

Phredd

ps ;- forgot this little gem :-
Quote :- In july 2006, the MoD said spending per day for personnel on operations in Afghanistan & Iraq was £3.11 per day. Now the figure is £2.49. unquote.
From the same paper.

Post FOB's 
The SOB's reply (not verbatim) regarding the FOB's:

"It depends on the availabilty of helicopters and their deployment on operational duties"

? to Lillywhite and the MOD lot- are you then agreeing that there are insufficient helicopters operating in Afghanistan and if it is impossible to properly feed troops at Forward Bases, what are the chances of quickly evacuating the critical injury cases?

YOU LOT CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. ISN'T IT ABOUT TIME, AS OTHERS HAVE SAID, THAT WE HAD A FULL TIME, PROPER, DEFENCE MINISTER IN CHARGE?

I dont think he gives a monkies about the Lads. He is more out to look after himself and his cronies.
He was like that in Germany and did not care about his unit one iota.
Now he is possibly after his Knighthood.
The man makes me puke.
Phredd

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2