Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Victory! You will be able to wear your PJM
Post Read all about it! 
You can read the debate here:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/PJM_Succeeds-Hansard-_Armed_Forces_Bill_HoL_261011.pdf

Barry

Post every one's a winner 
Taking the reverse side of the situation, it allowed a group of unusual men and women, to come together, fight for their right, but above all, share their stories and experiences with each other. Had it not been for this travesty in the first place, it would have been highly unlikely that we would have ever known each other.

We have used humour, reason, and downright threats in some cases, to effect our purpose, and what a difference the front room and the backroom boys and girls made in our fight.

I am proud to know all of you, and for all of you to spare a thought at this time for Jock Fenton and Tony Davies, who as fearless protagonists, didn't survive to know the outcome.

Breaking open a bottle of port and will raise my glass to all my friends who have been active it seeking this tremendous result. You certainly have earned it.

Arthur Rambart-Spicer aka Lord Brandon.

Post Wearing the PJM 
My very sincere thanks to those who have worked so hard and for so very long to achieve this result. And a slap in the face with a wet codfish, please, for each of the dreary civilian t#rds who stonewalled this for so long because of their feelings of inferiority to those who have Served.

My thanks to all, seen and unseen, who showed that justice can still be achieved against seemingly overwhelming odds when good and true people stand up for what is right.

A special thought for those friends and colleagues of ours who are no longer here to share in this day. Sadly they cannot, however at least their loved ones can officially wear their medals for them now, if they so desire.

Thanks also to Members of both Houses who supported us and were so tactically astute in achieving this success.

Finally a big thank you to our Fight4thePJM team who never faltered throughout the years.

Some "corn flake" medal now!!!!

Regards to all.

John

Kuching.
Post Joy of the day. 
I served at Batu Cantonment KL with the same intelligence team as Jock Fenton, but never actually knew him although due to the F4 site we were able to talk of others we knew. Tony Davies also became a close F4 friend when I helped him with researching his WW1 grandad, and we became really close when I helped him to perfect his use of voice activated email,etc. Naturally Jock and Tony are very much in my thoughts this evening, but I have raised a glass to the gloriously red sunset we had and wiped away the tears caused by the bright light.

Now I am raising a charged glass to Barry F and his original team of PJMers who have served thousands of our rank and file far better than any MP and Govt minister save those we all know and include with the "courageous" members of the House of Lords who carried the bayonet to the entrenched opposition and at least threatened them on our behalf.

In my book those with raised hands have foresworn uniform, arms and everything they once adhered to, but should be treated with respect as people who might want to see the error of their ways. Nuff said...
MB

Post Article in Malaysian Press 
This is the first of two articles. The second will appear tomorrow - allegedly.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/10/28/nation/9788312&sec=nation

Barry

A long overdue result, congratulations Barry and the team as well as the many contributors to this campaign. I reflect back on those stalwarts who are not here to see the battle won but who played a significant part in achieving the end result. Lest We Forget.

Post The News has arrived in Malaysia 
From Mohamad Redza Hashim,

"Congratulations!!! Finally the BRITISH war veteran can wear the PJM ( Pingat Jasa Malaysia )I'm happy that the issue is over and to all the veterans I salute you on behalf of my late father who was once in the British Army before Malaysia gains it's independence.To the committee members who have work tiredly for this I Thank You for what you have did."

Mohamad Redza Hashim,

Many thanks for your message.

It's our thanks that go to Malaysia - it was an honour to serve with your people and to provide service to your country.

With best wishes,

Barry
on behalf of the Fight4thePJM

Barry, I will look out for the second part and post the link here.

At last ! brilliant news. I think i have developed OCD over the past five years, wanting to log into the campaign website virtually on a daily basis waiting for this news, which i knew would come. I would personally like to thank Barry and the committee for all the dedication and hard work they have put into this campaign for us PJM`ers. As i have done over the past five years i will wear my PJM with pride on Remembrance Sunday. I will be at a loss what to do now,as our campaign draws to a close. Plus no more "pearls of wisdom" from Pete !. I will be devastated.

We won the conflict with Hearts and Minds. But won the right to wear the PJM with pure guts and determination...
Well done to the committee and members for the hard you all put in.
Thank you.

A Wonderful Day indeed. My thanks and congratulations to all who fought and supported this campaign.

A fantastic outcome. My thanks to everyone at Fight4thePJM for what they have done for me, my family, and for all PJM veterans.

I have been in close touch with Barry throughout this campaign and so I know just how much work and time and resources it has taken and he only talks about the dedication of the other Fight4thePJM the leaders in the UK and our two stalwart allies in Oz. I understand from Barry that we owe them a huge debt of gratitude but I'm not allowed to mention names like Hamish and his work with the Lords.

As with others, the successful climbing of this mountain will leave a huge hole in my life but one I am delighted to fill in with other challenges and enjoyment.

Thanks to you all. What a team!

I still can't believe it. Fight4thePJM took them on and never gave up despite having to deal with arrogant and often objectionable correspondence from some unmentionable suits.

Kev.

Many many thanks to all who fought for so hard and long on the behalf of all PJM'ers.
Looks like this is going to cost the HD Committee much more than their pride.
Some cornflakes, some packet!
I'm going to miss all the banter though.

With all the thanks being sent to the Committee, we the Committee, should be thanking all of you for your long standing support in the many ways in which it was freely given.

Thanks.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next