Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
MoD At it Again?

Has anyone thought about copying and pasting that MoD article for a rainy day, coz you know what they say in Asda 'When its Gone, its Gone', we might need this evidence later Wink

Offending article copied and pasted into my C drive where it will be backed up with my other data.
Gerry

Post Paste for evidence 
John, I have pasted all communications to date onto a Word Document and stored it safely on a flash drive. When my reply arrives, I shall scan it, paste it, OCR it and photograph it ! Anyone any suggestions what I should do with it once it's been finally safely stored ........................ ?

Tony

Post MOD Lies. 
Sent this email to the Letters to the Editor, Scottish Daily Express and The Times, so lets hope one prints it.

MOD ATTACKS VETERANS.

The Ministry of Defence Veterans Agency has published on their website (funded at public expense) an article by an unknown author which condemns British Veterans as ‘disaffected veterans’. It also goes on to say that veterans now being retired and seeing younger servicemen and women of to-day proudly displaying medals has encouraged them to seek new campaign medals for past service. Also the author suggests there has been criticism in the press about claims that the MOD has refused to allow veterans to receive a campaign medal offered by the Malaysian government for service between 1957 and 1967. To compound these lies it is also said that veterans only know about these subjects from articles they read in the newspapers or see on TV.
Why is it that the MOD are always attacking British Veterans. Is it not their job to support our troops and veterans and to give help wherever possible. To libel veterans as disaffected, retired old men searching for more medals because they are jealous of younger ex-servicemen and women who now have more than them is an utter travesty.
The Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal was awarded to Commonwealth troops and although Australia and New Zealand were given authority by our Queen to accept and wear this medal, the British Veterans although given permission by the Queen to accept the PJM, were refused by a Civil Service unelected committee permission to wear it. This discrimination by unelected members of a government committee was an unlawful act against British Citizens and veterans have been attempting for more than a year to allow them the same conditions of wear as their Commonwealth counterparts. Contrary to the facts shown in this article, for the past year the MOD has played hide and seek with the veterans, refusing to answer questions, and point blank refusing to answer or acknowledge any correspondence. They have even refused to answer requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act.
The author of this Veterans Agency article has embarked on a series of barefaced lies to try and discredit veterans whose only crime was to serve their Queen and Country and if this is the depths to which the MOD has been driven to justify their unjust and on occasions unlawful acts against British Citizens, then there is little hope for our already embattled troops who are already suffering from the breathtaking incompetence and arrogance of this thoroughly dishonourable government department which calls itself the Ministry of Defence.

Angry and disgusted Malaya veteran. (Name, address and phone number supplied).

Tomorrow 31st January 2007 is the anniversary of the announcement by Ian Pearson MP on the right to receive the medal from HMQ but not to wear it by some stupid, outdated and concocted rule. Would it not be a great coincidence if another announcement is made tomorrow, two months after the last (almost) 'promised' date.

Nah, they wouldn't have the balls would they, but then of course Feb 1st is White Rabbits day, I wonder if they can pull one of these from their Top Hat?

[quote="John Cooper"]Well done on both counts Gerry.

Has anyone thought about copying and pasting that MoD article for a rainy day, coz you know what they say in Asda 'When its Gone, its Gone', we might need this evidence later Wink[/quote]
GOOD IDEA BUT THE MOD IS NOT LIKE ASDA,MORE LIKE EBAY;THERE WILL BE ANOTHER JUST LIKE IT SOON!

Post Civil Servants, Role of 
GerryL,

I couldn't help wondering if David Blunkett might not get a watered down version and whether a copy in Braille (from a local Blind Association) might not be sent as a back up. I don't question the integrity
of all civil servants, particularly the typists and lowly clerks but........! Perhaps I'm just paranoid!

Regards,

David

Post Re: Civil Servants, Role of 
GLOman wrote:
GerryL,

I couldn't help wondering if David Blunkett might not get a watered down version and whether a copy in Braille (from a local Blind Association) might not be sent as a back up. I don't question the integrity
of all civil servants, particularly the typists and lowly clerks but........! Perhaps I'm just paranoid!

Regards,

David

What David, like through normal channels but a little quicker or something similar?

Post Civil Servants, Role of 
John Cooper

I suppose it could go normal post. A blind friend, at University with my daughter, had equiptment which could read "print"which a voice spoke, and then I believe could be converted into braille.
On the other hand, he might have this equipment personally, in which case it could go to his private address. I have to be honest, I don't really know - it was just a thought which occurred.

Post Re: Civil Servants, Role of 
[quote="John Cooper

What David, like through normal channels but a little quicker or something similar?[/quote]

David

I was being flippant with my remark, I was referring to Blunkett when Home Seretary that speeded up a Visa application for his lady friend and helped to bring his downfall among other things.

JohnC

Post Personal Opinion 
I would just like to put in writing, for the benefit of the writer of THAT offensive drivel, who, hopefully accesses this forum, that I consider you to be a TWAT. Once one, always one.

You tell 'em Dave. Perchance, the writer, either off of their own back, or at the directive of someone higher up, penned this disgraceful post.

One thing is for sure, they never had the guts to put their name to it.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:43:38 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Disaffected Veteran
To: twiggd@parliament.uk

Derek Twigg MP Veterans Minister MoD

Dear Mr Twigg

According to the Veterans Agency website, I am a 'disaffected veteran' simply because I question an ill judged decision by The Grant of Honours and Decorations Committee on the awarding of a medal by The King of Malaysia namely The Pingat Jasa Malaysia.

I take extreme exception to this statement on an official Government website, I wish to receive an apology from your department over this matter and would ask that the perpetrator of this statement is brought to book immediately.

Thank you for your attention

Reply to topic Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4