Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Sandra Gidley is still on our case!
Post Sandra Gidley is still on our case! 
Remember Sandra? Having heard the BBC program about the PJM (and she took part in two broadcasts by Radio Solent) Sandra wrote to the Queen about the PJM - and got an answer from a civil servant somewhere. She understands the injustice perpetrated on British ex-servicemen and women and is a staunch supporter of our campaign.

Thanks to Brianbart, a constituent of Sandra's and an indefatigable PJM supporter himself who wrote to her again recently. we know that she is still on our case!

Brian wrote to her:

Dear Mrs Gidley MP
As your constituant I am asking you to write, on my behalf, to the Prime Minister Gorden Brown. Some weeks ago he promised Don Touhig that he "would look into" the issue of Veterens wearing the Pingat Jasa Malaysia (PJM). It apears nothing has been done in this respect. Perhaps a letter from my MP might help jog his memory?

I anxiously await a reply from you and the Prime Minister. Thanking you for your support - I am your very concerned constituent. Sincerely .....

Sandra replied:

Will do so – and I hope to do more on this issue in the next session of parliament ...

Yours sincerely, Sandra Gidley MP

- - - - -

Great lobbying, Brian. Our thanks to you and to Sandra.

Barry

Well done Brian!......and 'go to it' Sandra Gidley!

Another positive example of how vital it is for members to contact their MP asking for letters to be sent to the Prime Minister asking the question..."When will the PP fulfil his promise to 'look into' the PJM question?"

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1